Part XXIII: What Have You Done?

TW: Violence & Graphic Bodily Harm

You quickly ducked down and flattened yourself against the beam beneath you. Two more people, one of similar build to the first with brown hair, and the other bald and hefty, strolled into the factory.

'Damnit, damnit, damnit.' You panicked internally. Why did Touya have to pick right now to go out? Your muscles tightened as you gripped the edges of your skinny perch. Sure, it was unlikely these three were part of the search party for you, but the last thing you needed right now was to be seen by anyone who could identify you to Stiller. You listened quietly as the other two began speaking.

"Alright, man, we believe you, but could you at least keep your voice down?" The bald one requested nervously.

"Yeah, dude. What if we get caught?" The other stated.

The first sounded annoyed. "Relax, I been checkin' the place out for weeks now. I only ever seen one guy come in and out in the last couple days."

You gasped silently. 'One guy? Is he talking about Touya?' You risked a glance at the boys from your hiding spot. What you saw surprised you. The first man you'd seen sported a pair of dusty blue jeans and a black hoodie and was a good deal older than the pair trailing behind him. The two boys were dressed in black slacks and button-ups.

'Those are... school uniforms. They're just kids.' You felt your anxiety settle a bit. You could handle kids.

The younger boys didn't seem convinced. "I dunno, what if he comes back?"

The first man rolled his eyes. "It's one guy." He scoffed as he strode towards the wall. He grabbed hold of an old rusty bar that looked to have snapped off of a piece of machinery. "If he comes back, we'll just whack 'em."

The two boys moved unconsciously closer to one another and exchanged a look of concern "Whack?"

"Yeah, y'know..." The man replied, suggestively slapping his palm with the pipe a couple of times. Once again the boys' bodies stiffened. They were clearly uncomfortable with the insinuation, and, to be completely honest, so were you. You'd explored this factory as much as you could for the last couple of days; the only people here were you and Touya. It wasn't difficult to figure out who this man planned on attacking. A marble of rage settled in your stomach as you gazed down on the three of them. Like hell you would let these delinquents even get close to Touya. Sure, they were just kids, but you wouldn't need to hurt them to get your point across. Your brows furrowed, and your hands unconsciously balled into fists. Even from your bird's-eye-view, you could see the older man roll his eyes again.

"Seriously- ya can't be bitches about stuff like this if you wanna join us." Your breath hitched in your throat.

'Join us?' You thought. Was this guy in a gang? 'Preying on little kids like that... it's disgusting.' If this man was associated with a gang, wouldn't it be your heroic duty to stop them? Besides the trespassing, you hadn't seen him do anything illegal yet, so there wasn't much for you to work with. Not to mention the fact that you were still considered MIA, not only by Stiller but by the whole of Japan as well. Taking into account the crime scene you'd left back at the Todoroki estate, being listed as missing seemed like a best-case scenario at this point. Showing your face anywhere right now might lead to more problems than you were prepared to handle. Rather than rashly arrest the three of them, you decided to observe just a little while longer. The older man dropped the rusty pipe and placed his hands on his hips.

"Whatever. Did'ja brought what I told ya to?" He asked. Both of the young teens nodded. The smaller-framed boy slung his backpack off of his shoulder with a grunt, resting it on the ground and unzipping the top. You found yourself craning your neck for a better view of the bag's contents.