Orphic

___________________________________

Incheon International Airport, 20:56 pm.

"This is the final boarding call for passenger, Erin Cullen booked on flight 372A to Auckland. Please proceed to gate 3 immediately, the final checks are being completed and the captain will order for the doors of the aircraft to close in approximately five minutes time. I repeat, this is the final boarding call for Erin Cullen. Thank you"

The airport bustled with heavy chatters and busy footsteps, the monochromatic sound of the final boarding call blared across the buzzing air station, not turning any heads.

Feasible foot stations and beverage parlours occupied the crevices of the well maintained terminus, filling the empty stomachs of several jet-lagged passengers.

The interior of the airfield was highly urbanised and advanced, with non-face to face automatic robots, to ensure healthy temperature and safety of the passengers, cleaning protocols as well as security measures.

"Gosh, this place is freezing." hissed a slender brunette, pulling her cotton shrug close to her petite form, she waved her assistant to help her with the luggage.

The cold east-asian breeze fanned her wispy hair in a harsh swing, ruining her neatly styled textured Bob. Sighing at the biting atmosphere, the young lady whipped out her bistre phone-case and dialled a familiar number.

Much to the brunette's disappointed the call went straight to voicemail, making it clear that the person at the receiver's end was out of reach.

"I'll be home in an hour, whenever you get free...just give me a call. Take care, I love you." She breathed a soft whisper and ended the call, casting her anxious gaze to the flickering beam of the departing flights, the gleaming runway with no way back to where she belonged.

"Come on, Emmett. Our ride is here, time to go back to where it all started." Adjusting the strap of her bag, she climbed inside the sleek luxury SUV, with the silver eyed male right behind.

(Engine starting)

The wheels rolled forward and the car started moving, rotating its way out of the luxurious airport, Elara turned her eyes towards rear window and heaved out a deep sigh. t

The ginormous epitome of the air station seemed like it was waving her goodbye, it reminded her of all those years she had spent far and away from her fears, ignoring the sting and making a living for herself.

But, it seemed like it was time to say goodbye to those memories and start a new life.

Fifteen years, she was returning home after fifteen long years.