Amity

Listen to the chime of stars and moonlight, Feel the world of glass drift apart

Feel the world of glass drift apart.
Come my baby, I will hold you tight,
Take my hand, and here feel my heart.

Look in my eyes, I will tell you the tale of our past,
hold on my love, this moment isn't your last.

Look in my eyes, I will tell you the tale of our past, hold on my love, this moment isn't your last

———————————————

Third person's POV

"Do you even realise how much weight that word holds? Anything. Are you sure, you are willing to give me whatever—I ask you for?"

"I don't believe in hollow promises, Sienna. I know and am ready to embrace the aftermath that would come as a price of my wish."  The young, human girl deadpanned.

Never once did her gaze falter, true to her words—she bit back the burning itch of her reluctance. There was something enigmatic about the dilated depths of her forest green irises, charismatic.

And it was their chasm that made it impossible for the maiden of the sea, to look past the barrier of her firmness. Her voice wavered as the steady tide rippled, she drew in a strained breath, eyes clenching shut in defeat.

She lost, didn't she?

But, what was sardonic—was the truth..that she knew it all along. She knew she was going to lose, she knew at the end everything, everybody would be snatched away from her hands and she would be yanked out of her beautiful slumber and forced to face the world of brutal reality.

And in that moment, as she stared at the reversing wheel of time, as she gazed at the hunger in the Siren's eyes...she felt her insides crumble—there was no going back now, the tale of her love was bound to be hurried under the crashing waves, truths silenced and a fate destined to tumble.