Lost to my heartbeat

______________________________

Tossing and turning,
Thrown around, crushed by the waves.
Cold and unconscious,
Burning in pain.
Help, I'm drowning under the ocean...untamed.

The water is cold and the wind is biting ice,
I can feel it through my bones, the fire, for the first time in my life.

I can feel her unbending rage, for she is calling me to her banished ground.
Been alone since forever, a lost soul begging to be found.
Forced to endure like an unbothered stone, I'm too tired to roam,
Please, give me back my forever home.

__________________________________

The cloak of night, warm and snug, wrapped around the lapping sea, the tranquil shore and the quiet city.

The soundless hymn of the frost night, lulled its listeners into a dreamless slumber..but, there were a few who found their harmony in the navy solitude.

Some slept in warm sheets, some wandered down the lonely streets, some were muffling their aching screams while there were a few..sweating for their dreams.

Some slept in dark, some in light, trying to outrun their soul's mark and runaway from the fight.

But, there was one thing common for all the lives, they were all waiting for the horizon to shine, and the day to rise.

The gleaming line of infinity, basking in the uncertainty of life.

A dawn tinted sky, an empty canvas ready to be splashed with the colours of the day.

A soothing silence before the unthinkable.
___________________

Ocean's POV

Sing.

She demanded, venom lacing her tongue. A restless snarl whistling its way through my waters as it travelled, until it reached the newborn's ear and filled her mind with the essence of her bane.

(Y/N), the youngest member of the swarm, a newborn. Once a human, soulmate to the royals of a mystical realm, now a caged bird. Bound to be trapped under my deceiving depths and serve the inevitable. A lonely soul.