Chapter 1.

Loud footsteps were heard in the corridor as an angry and tired Brunette boy walked into his kitchen.

Bose sighed as he opened the kitchen door. "Dad! Dad!" He called out.

Initially, he wasn't planning on speaking to him at all. Bose was mad at him. A week ago, his Vice Mayor step-dad (He just calls him dad) had announced to him and his mom that he wanted the entire family to move to Paris. This had immediately alarmed Bose as that would mean moving away from all his friends and literally having to start a new life in a new school where nobody knows him. The simple thought of it made him throw up in his mouth.

And while, Paris is a beautiful place, Bose can't imagine himself anywhere else that isn't Swellview. He made that very clear to his dad but it didn't change anything.

"But, dad! Aren't you the Vice Mayor of this city? Whose gonna take care of Swellview if we leave?" He had argued.

His dad then further surprised the boy by saying that he was planning on handing over his responsibility to his next of kin - His brother, Mathew. Bose was fine with this of course - He never wanted to be next in line to the 'Mayor's Throne'. In fact, the thought of having the responsibility of the whole town on his shoulders scared him to death so he was glad his dad didn't have that idea either.

But it didn't mean he agreed to leave Swellview. "Dad, I'm not leaving my friends here in Swellview!" Bose protested again. But his dad simply brushed it off, saying he'll make new friends in Paris.

But Bose didn't want new friends in Paris, he wanted his old friends in Swellview. Any other arguments he brought up fell on deaf ears and he turned to his mom for help but she said there wasn't much she could do and that Bose would just have to make the best of the situation and try and be excited about moving to Paris.

But he wasn't giving up this fight easily.

He told his friends back at SWAG and they swore to no ends that they wouldn't let his family move to Paris no matter what it took.

That eased Bose a little but he wasn't completely at peace. One thing Bose knew about his dad is that, once he decides something, it's final.

And Bose is scared he might have to say good bye to his friends forever. So he decided to give his dad the silent treatment until he agreed to let him stay in Swellview.

One night, his dad came into his room and they had a heart-to-heart father-son talk and his dad told him they should spend a bit of time together - go shopping maybe -  to ease the tension.

Once his dad left the room, Bose decided he was being to harsh on him. So here he was now, in his kitchen calling out to his dad as he has been for like 5 minutes now but there's still no answer.

He found a note on the kitchen island and read it. the note read:

Bose,

Your mom surprised me with tickets to my favorite movie for our date so I couldn't say no, Take my card and have a good time. Buy yourself some nice things, kiddo. Love ya, son.

-Dad.

Bose was happy his mom and step-dad are spending quality time together.

He makes his mom so happy and Bose loves that.

But he couldn't help feeling upset that he forgot about their plans.

Then there's still the fact that he was making them move away.

He stomped to the faucet to get some water. "We NeEd To SpEnD mOrE tImE tOgEtHeR" he mimicked his dad's voice "Yeah, right." Then, the phone rung abruptly on the kitchen island. "What now!" Bose grabbed it and answered. The woman on the other end was speaking spanish - Good thing Bose is a linguist.

Bose was too mad to fully listen to what she was saying as he continued to drink his water but he made out 'I'll try and keep in touch' and 'If you'd still like to sell the house, let me know'.

When he heard that one, he did a spit take. "What?!" His dad was planning on selling the house? Well, not on his watch! He was not going to take this.

The woman was still speaking and Bose listened, understanding everything she was saying. "So, leave a message if you-" she was saying in spanish before Bose interrupted her.

"Here's a 'message' never call this number again! You here me?! No one is selling this house!"

He then added, "Claro? Gracias!" He abruptly hung up on the poor woman who had been quite shocked when he burst like that and had probably suffered a heart attack but Bose couldn't care less.

Why was his dad trying to ruin his life like this? His face was still red with anger as he noticed his dad's card on the kitchen island.

He grabbed it and huffed, remembering the note. "Oh, I'll have a good time, alright." with that he stormed out to try and take his mind of his stress.