Chapter 8.

Miles's POV.

Initially, I had planned for us to go to the arcade but honestly, we had just as much fun eating pizza while playing the new video game he got me. We're already as level 97. It's not a surprise though, Bose and I are really good at video games.

"Yes!" Bose cheered as we beat level 97.

He gave me a high five and pumped his fist in the air. I'm really going to miss hanging out with this guy. "So." I said, taking a slice of pizza to re-energize myself before we begin tackling level 98. "What do you think school in Paris will be like?" I asked and immediately regretted it when I saw his face fall.

What is wrong with me? I'm trying to make him take his mind off leaving Swellview and that's exactly what I bring up? Nice going, Miles. Real nice going.

I decided to quickly change the subject. I took a big exaggerated bite out of the slice of pizza. "Mmmmm!" I said, a little to enthusiastic to sound real. "This is really good pizza!"

He just looked at me like I was weird. "This is the same pizza we've been eating for half an hour."

Right.

"Well, yeah but, didn't you know food always tastes better after half an hour?"

"Does it though?" Bose asked. I shrugged.

"It's okay, Miles. Moving away isn't going to be the end of the world for me." He sighed and picked up a slice of pizza. Somehow I don't believe him. "I just have to suck it up and do what my dad wants because we've tried everything." He said, sadly. "Yeah." I replied, equally as sad. "But hey, we'll still talk all the time." I added.

"Yeah, but it just won't be the same without you guys."

"Sure it will."

"No, it won't." He turned to me. "I mean, what are the chances of me finding a nerdy perfectionist who organizes everything like her life depends on it, a really tough baddie who could probably beat up a guy in her sleep and a super chill dude who wouldn't freak out even if he were being chased by a pack of wild monkeys."

I laughed at that. "Hey, If wild monkeys are a part of my journey to greatness, let 'em come." I said. "See what I mean? You guys are so unique, I don't think I could find anyone like you." Bose said, looking down at his pizza like it would give him all the answers to his life problems. "Well, maybe you'll find someone better than us." I said.

"Maybe I don't want someone better than you guys."

Okay, I'm going to cry now.

I picked up my video game console and sighed. "Whatever happens, we'll always be your friends. No matter where you are." I said. "Thanks." Bose said before picking up his console. "Now, let's crush level 98.

***

Bose's POV.

"Bose, get the door please!"

I closed the book I was reading and got out of bed, walked down the stairs, towards the door and opened it.

I was greeted by a big blue teddy bear with a note attached to it's paw that said "we'll miss you, Bose!" and...has legs? Oh no wait, someone's holding it.

I didn't even need to ask who. I'd recognize that red firery hair anywhere. It's Chapa. But the big bear is covering her face.

I almost choked on laughter when she spoke in the weirdest, silliest, most high-pitched voice I've ever heard.

"Greeting sir, I have a special delivery here for Mr. Bose O'Brien."

Chapa should really consider voice acting. She sounded like a funny cartoon character.

"Chapa?" I laughed. "Is that you?"

Her voice became even funnier when she climbed into a higher pitch.

"Who is this Chapa you speak of? I'm Mr. Cuddles!" She said, flaring the bears arms. "And I wanna be your friend!"

I decided to play along.

"Oh, hi there Mr. Cuddles. Sorry, I mistook you for Chapa. You kinda look and sound like her, only she's a lot more talkative."

"Hey!" Chapa said in her normal voice from behind the bear and I laughed.

She lowered the bear from her face and smiled.

"I am not talkative."

I shrugged and she casually handed me the bear. "From Miles and Mika."

Really?

Yesterday, Miles never said he was going to get me a bear.

Maybe he wanted to surprise me?

"Are you sure?" I asked. "Yeah." She answered quickly. "Okay." I held the door open a little wider for her.

"Come on in."

"Oh, I'm not coming in, you're coming out."

"Huh?"

"You didn't think I was going to let you leave without an afternoon of crazy fun with your crazy friend, did you?"

I smiled. "No." I put the bear down. "No, I did not." I grabbed a jacket from a nearby hook and put it on. "Mom, I'm going out for a while!"

"Don't stay out too long!"

I picked the bear up again and stepped out of the house, closing the door behind me.

"So." I asked as Chapa and I started walking. "Where are we going?"

"Where do you want to go?" Chapa asked. I stopped walking and turned to her. "Really?" I was already expecting her to take me to some scary place for some scary activity or whatever it is she likes to do for fun that would probably haunt me in my nightmares for days to come.

What? It's Chapa.

But she's actually letting me pick.

This just got a whole lot better.

I thought for a moment before the perfect idea hit me. "Oh, no." Chapa said, seeing the look on my face. "Please don't make me do anything stupid."

"Oh don't worry, It'll be so much fun!"

"And now I'm terrified." She said. "Come on." I urged. "Bose." Chapa warned but I just grabbed her hand and dragged her along with me.

Sorry this took so long.
Don't worry, I'm still alive.
Question: What do you think Bose wants to do?
Wrong answers only