Chapter 6.

ShoutOut's POV.

I still can't get over how Bose actually stopped a speeding car with his powers! He saved a life today. The boy's a hero. And It looks like I'm not the only one who thinks so. I stared as news reporters rushed over to Brainstorm while he was still recovering and swarmed him with questions and praises.

Cameras nearly hit his face and Volt, AWOL and I tried to keep them away to give him space.

But everyone wanted to talk to him after watching his heroic act.

Question flew at him from so many different directions. He probably didn't know which to answer first. That's when Captain Man showed up.

Finally!

I marched over to him while Volt and AWOL continued trying to fight off the news reporters.

"Got your voicemails. What did I miss?"

"A lot!" I scolded. "Where were you?"

"I was getting a neck tattoo."

Did he just say neck tattoo? Gross. "You were getting a what?"

He turned to show me the tattoo on the side of his neck it looked like a bicep. Again, gross.

"What do you think?" He asked, excitedly.

"Ew, I hate it." I replied. He looked offended.

"Pfft. I don't need your opinion."

"You literally just asked for my opinion." I shot back.

"Just tell me what happened? Where is everyone and why are there so many reporters? Are they here to interview me?"

"No, they came to interview Brainstorm." I replied. "Why?" He asked.

"He stopped an over spending car with his powers." I replied. The more I say it, the more proud I am of him.

"What? I can't believe I missed that. Why didn't you call me?"

"I did!" I yelled. "Alright, calm down, sassy pants. Is he okay?" He asked. "Yeah, he's fine. Just tired." I replied.

Then, I turned back to were they were swarming him. "And currently being mobbed." I added. Captain Man walked towards the mob of news reporters.

"Okay, everyone, back off now." He asked politely but nobody was listening to him.

"I said back off!" He yelled. "They won't listen." I said.

But then the reporters seemed to be clearing out.

"See?" Captain Man said smugly. But I soon realized he hadn't been the reason the reporters were backing off. The Vice Mayor was heading their way and they were making room for him.

What's he doing here? I tapped Captain Man's arm. "It's the Vice Mayor." I said. "I see that." He replied, shrugging my hand off.

"What's going on here?" The Vice Mayor asked.

"Hi, Dad." Brainstorm said. We ought to have put a zipper on that kid's mouth when we had the chance.

"Dad?"

Brainstorm panicked, realizing what he had just said. "Why would you call me dad?" The Vice Mayor asked.

Brainstorm looked to Volt and AWOL for help. "Um...because..you are his dad. I mean, our dad!" AWOL said.

"Uh, yeah, our dad." Brainstorm agreed but I bet he didn't understand a thing.

Volt playfully poked The Vice Mayor's arm. "That's you. Vice Mayor. Father of all swellview citizens." She said, laughing nervously.

Phew. Okay, that was a nice save. The Vice Mayor quirked his eyebrows at them before shrugging. "Okay." He said. Volt, AWOL and Brainstorm slumped their shoulders in relief. I rushed over to them. We should probably get out of here before something goes wrong.

"Well, since our work here is done, I guess we'll just be leaving. Come on, guys."

I tried to hurriedly lead them out of there but the Vice Mayor stopped us. "Wait a minute, I want to hear about what happened here." He said. "Well..." I began before I got cut off by one of the dang news reporters.

Which is like, the rudest thing ever. I mean, didn't her parents ever teach her manners?

"It was amazing, sir. You should have seen it!" She said.

"Yeah, he stopped the speeding car all by himself!" Another guy piped up.

"Who?" The Vice Mayor asked. "Brainstorm." The reporters said in unison.

The Vice Mayor turned to Brainstorm.

"Hi." Brainstorm said, not really knowing what else to say.

"Is that true?" The Vice Mayor asked. Brainstorm was about to answer but Captain Man stepped in.

Thank God.

"Hey, hi, hey. Just wanted to remind everyone that I am here." He said. "Me. Captain Man. I'm right here you know, if anyone would like to interview me."

He winked at the reporters and AWOL rolled his eyes.

The Vice Mayor ignored Captain Man and turned back to Brainstorm. "Young man, I'd like to reward you for your bravery." He said. "Um...okay." Brainstorm said. I really hoped his dad wouldn't recognize his voice.

"Oooh, are you going to give him one of those really cool medals?" Volt chimmed up.

"Yeah, those things are awesome!" AWOL added. "Well that depends. Would you like one?" The Vice Mayor asked Brainstorm. Brainstorm said nothing. He just stood frozen. Okay, I think it's time to go before he blurts out something he shouldn't. I tried to shoo the reporters away as I grabbed my teammates.

"He'll get back to you on that!" I said quickly, pulling them away. "Bye!" Captain Man stayed. Flexing his arms for the camera until I went back and dragged him off with me.

"Hey!"

***
THE NEXT DAY.

IN THE MAN'S NEST

Miles POV.

"And remember, your hands must be steady or you'll mess it all up..." I've been showing Mika and Chapa how to do a proper stitch for the past hour. I doubt they're even listening but I'm showing them anyway, demonstrating on a grey sweater.

"...And remember to keep focused or it won't come out right."

I was focusing solely on what I was doing until I heard Mika groan and looked up.

"Please stop talking about stitches." She complained.

I stuck my tongue out at her. "You're just jealous that you can't knit like I can." I returned to what I was doing.

"At least Chapa cares. Anyway, so you-" Mika interrupted me again. "Uh, sorry to burst your bubble but you lost Chapa like, the second you started talking." She said. "I mean, she's not even listening to you."

I looked at Chapa and she looked spaced out. I dropped my knitting. "I give up on you two."

"Thank God!" Mika cheered.

I rolled his eyes at her. Suddenly, Chapa laughed out of nowhere and Mika and I looked at her in surprise. Has she lost it?. "You guys..." She said. "I was just thinking how the person who owns the car Jeff smashed around yesterday would not be happy once he sees it." She started laughing again.

"Oh, yeah" Mika giggled. "Poor dude."

"Yeah, well that's what he gets for leaving his keys in." I said, matter-of-factly. "Amen." Mika agreed. Then the glass door burst open and Bose came running in.

"You guys! I got it! I got it!"

Chapa, Mika and I looked at each other confused before looking back at him. "What are you talking about?" Chapa asked.

"I know how to stop my dad from making us move."