Chapter 11

Bose's POV.

"He's what?!" Chapa yelled.

I should've just told them.

Yesterday at Mika's house, when my dad called, he told me he was planning to announce his departure to Paris at the same time as Brainstorm's medal recieving ceremony or whatever.

And then we're heading straight to the airport right after.

I didn't tell them at the time, because we were there. Together. And it was special. And I... didn't want to ruin it. But now...

"Why didn't you tell us?!" Mika asked.
"I'm sorry." I hung my head. "I didn't want to ruin everyone's mood." Mika sighed in disappointment and walked towards the man couch. We were preparing for 'Brainstorm' to go receive his award so we were all in uniform. I decided I'd better tell them now or never so I did.

"We said we'd go through this together." Miles said. "As a team." He sounded hurt.

"Yeah. Dude, you can't just keep us in the dark like that." Chapa added. "Don't you trust us?"

"Of course, I do!"

"Do you really?" Chapa said, folding their arms. The three of them fell silent and looked anywhere else but at me.

Now, I just feel worse than before.

I couldn't take the silence that followed. If one of them doesn't say something, I'm going to loose it and cry. "You guys..." I said. "I really am sorry, I thought I'd wait for the right time to tell you."

No one said anything. I can't handle this. After today, we might literally never see each other ever again and they won't even talk to me. It hurts.

Bad.

Ray, all suited up in his Captain Man suit, checked his watch. "Guys, it's getting late, we should go." He said. I sighed and got up. I am not in the slightest bit excited about getting this medal. I feel like it's a countdown. A countdown to the worst thing that could ever happen to a guy. Loosing his best friends.

Who, by the way, are still not saying anything to me. Are they really that mad at me?

Ray walked toward the tube and I followed. "Schwoz!" He called. Schwoz walked in. "Schwoz up " He said. "Get the mancopter ready, Barnstorm's recieving a medal at city hall today."

"Ooh, how exciting." Schwoz said.

Pfft. Yeah right. 'Exciting' is definitely not the word to describe everything that's happening.

Schwoz ran off to get the mancopter ready and I stepped onto the tube pad.

But then I paused. I should apologize to them again.

But when I turned, they were gone. The man's nest was empty.

Miles had teleported. With them. While I wasn't looking.

"Where- where'd they go?" I asked, my heart shattering into a million pieces. Ray put his hand on my shoulder. "Hey, hey no worries. I bet they're on their way to City hall." He patted my shoulder. "We'll meet them there, c'mon buddy."

But that only made me feel much worse.

They hate me. I know they do. So much that they don't even want to be around me anymore.

This is probably for the best. I need to start getting used to living without them.

Right after I finish crying in the bathroom.

***

"And it's with great honour..."

I looked around again, no sign of them.