𝐾𝑖𝑘𝑖'𝑠 𝐷𝑎𝑦 [sʜᴏᴡᴋɪ]

Kihyun is ready to sleep, he had a long day because it's the promotion week of their new comeback. However, he can't deny the fact that he's waiting for other members' greetings from him.

It was already past 11 pm. Kihyun was laying down at his bed, scrolling through his phone, reading some of the early greeting letters from their fans.

As time struck at 12 am, his phone rang. Jooheon's calling. He answered it immediately.

Jooheon greeted him happily. He asked the celebrant if he wants anything but the elder said no.

After a few seconds, Hyungwon called. Saying the exact words and mimicking Jooheon's accent.

He then keeps the phone on the side table after the call and sleeps. 'Cause even if it's his birthday, they still have a busy schedule ahead. Work is work.

He wakes up from cheerful greetings from his dormmates with their manager who prepared a seaweed soup for him.

They eat together and proceed to prepare for the start of their long day.

Throughout the day, members posted their greetings to their group's official accounts.

By 6 pm, he decided to do birthday live before going to his next schedule. It was the only free time that he got.

The moment he started his lice, the comments starts to pile up Monbebes greetings, questions, wishes, TMIs, etc.

Kihyun being a gentleman tries his best to read and answer the questions.

Like, as who greeted him first. He fill in the curious fans by answering it that Jooheon called him first after the clock turned to 12 am. After a short time, Hyungwon called.

While sharing TMI and reading some comments, he then remembers that Shownu hasn't greeted him yet.

Saying, 'Hold on. Shownu Hyung hasn't greeted me yet. Are you watching, Hyung? It's not too late. There are about five hours left. I'll be waiting.'

But he clarifies, 'Because Hyung is busy... he has to stay with the kids.'

The live was short but he had a good time. He even calls his singer friends who have the same birthday as him, and it's Eunkwang of BTOB and Woozi of SEVENTEEN.

He greets them and had small talk with them.

He then consumes his time answering and reading messages from the comment section. Saying thank you for the greetings and wishes that Monbebes sent to him.

After more than half an hour, he happily ended his live. Saying goodbye and thank you's to their fans.

He then proceeded to his next schedule with Changkyun. However, he notices that he's not feeling well. He then advises that it's okay to rest because he knows that they will gonna have an exhausting schedule again tomorrow.

Changkyun doesn't want to hassle their driver and manager, so he decided that he'll take a rest in the dressing room and wait for Kihyun to finish his schedule than go home alone.

Kihyun goes to start the regular airing of Midnight Idol alone. He kept in mind that he will gonna inform the viewers and listeners about Changkyun and the other members of Monsta X's health.

He vocally said and share some TMIs. Like, their manager gave him seaweed soup, then he spends most of his day replying messages to people he knows in real life. Then all of the sudden, Jooheon walks into the set and joins him, sitting beside him. Little did he know that someone sends Jooheon for him not to feel alone.

They start singing songs from karaoke. And one of the songs that they chose was Minhyuk and Shownu's 'Have a Goodnight'

They both sing the song wholeheartedly. Feeling every word, dedicating it to their fans yet deep down, Kihyun hoping that someone he misses watches him... and also, hoping that he already greeted him even via text.

When it's almost the end of the show, the staff flashes the video and audio greetings from the members. Kihyun even roasted Hyungwon's voice by saying 'listen to his voice. He sounds like he just woke up.'

After he ended the show, Kihyun checks his phone rattling. Excited to see if someone texted him even though he was holding his phone the whole time. Sadly, still an empty notif.

He was relieved that Changkyun decided to go home first to take a rest properly. He smiled a bit when he saw his greeting, what makes him smile more is the pictures with it yet can't still deny the fact that he's sulking and miss the guy with him in that picture.

He then goes on getting his things and walks heavily to the exit, but he still doesn't forget to acknowledge the hard work and says goodbyes to the staff of the show.

He exited the building with a big smile hiding the sadness that he's feeling. He waves and says thank you, he even said that they should take care when they go home to their fans who waited for him.

He gets in the car still taking his final look at their fans. But as he was seated, he noticed that the car is dark.

'Hyung, can you turn on the light, please? I can't find my AirPods.' Kihyun asked his manager, whilst rummaging his bag.

When the light turns on, he surprisingly jumps from his seat. Some confetti popper pops behind him and as he turns around, he automatically smiles brighter than the sun.

'Happy birthday... love' Shownu said whispering the last word as if the other people with them didn't know about anything.

'Y-you're here. I-I tho---thought you're busy.' Kihyun pouts sulkily. Shownu crunches his nose and moves beside him.

Shownu pinches Kihyun's cheeks. 'Even if I am, I will still give you time... even if it's not your birthday.'

Kihyun lightly smacks Shownu's chest for his cheesy remarks, which is he can't deny the fact that he liked it too.

The whole ride they're just talking endlessly as if they're not texting and calling each other every day. Cuddling, bantering, scolding is the highlight of the ride.

When they got home. Kihyun was touched that even though some of their members are not okay, they still prepare a small feast for his birthday.

[After party]

'Kihyun.'

'Oh, Hyung.'

Shownu let out a blissful snort for holding on to his laugh. 'You look so cute when you call out me on vlive because I haven't greeted you yet.'

Kihyun is stunned to speak.

'I got a notif that you were live, so I turned it on while doing my work.' 

'I got it, Hyung. Stop it now. It's embarrassing.' Bright pink took over Kihyun's cheek.

'No, it's not. It's cute. You're cute.'

---------------------------------------------------

I know I was so out for months. And I missed you guys. 

This is late and lame (I guess) but I hope that you still liked this.

I miss y'all.

Stay safe. Stay healthy. Be happy, stay happy.

p.s ikr, it's not obvious that I'm showki stan based on this book of mine.

-stphngx.