Part l • Introduction

Another Cinderella Story: Chris Evans AU

Part One: Introduction

Warnings: bullying, mocking, mentions of death, mental abuse...

You groan as you turn to wake up, the sunshine flooding into your room, the sound of cars honking, people rushing to work, and the streets of NYC flooding again with people from all around the world

Some just coming back from their business trips and arriving at their luxurious penthouses, others just beginning their summer extravaganza by staying in their beach homes in Hudson Valley, or many others were leaving this island - escaping Manhattan for the summer as they longed for another destination like Florida, the Maldives, Bora Bora...

For example, your stepsisters - they were packing to stay the entire summer vacation in their mother's home in Florida, if that wasn't good news it's about to be great news because your awful stepmother was headed down there with them.

That meant you had this lovely penthouse to yourself, for about three months before school started again in September.

If it weren't for your father's best friend who happens to be the dean at NYU, you wouldn't have an education. Before his passing, your father made sure you'd have a full ride at NYU. You just wrapped up your second semester, even though he isn't here - you thank your dad every day for giving you the opportunity of furthering your education in hopes of doing what you love one day.

You miss him every day, he was your best friend, the guy you can count on for everything. You miss him and the days you spent with him back home, before even moving to NYC to live with your new mom and her daughters.

You lived with your father, and those four other women, for about a year before he passed. When he was here, they were bearable. Serena, Blair, and Jenny made your life a living hell when you were left by yourself. Making fun of your clothes, purposefully damaging your few pairs of shoes and throwing away your things when they would lurk in your room when you weren't there.

Lily, your step-mother, was the worst of the four, even when your dad was here she would treat you like a maid, an employee, her personal assistant. However, your father was always there to put the breaks on her and cease her intentions. But, now that he wasn't here, you became just that - another employee of hers.

As you woke up in your room, you smiled at the warmth hitting your face. That smile soon vanished when you heard the door buzzer begin to ring. The device laid just above your head, the placement ordered by Lily to make sure you could always be at her service.

"Y/N?" her voice floods your ears, a horrible sound as you roll your eyes, "I need you to come and clean the dishes, this kitchen is a mess!"