bonus • little barber bakers 🎂

It's your birthday but you're trying to whip up a few orders, on the busiest day your bakery has ever seen, Hayden had a surprise party for you...but maybe for next year...

" Y/n, your phone is ringing again," one of your employees, states, as they come to find you in the kitchen.

"It's probably Hayden, I've been here all day he's probably just calling to yell at me about it," you sigh and finishing icing your 30th cake today.

The bakery has been busier than ever, ever since not one but two bakeries down the street have closed up and left.

Leaving you the closest bakery to many of the town's residents.

Gila comes in holding the icing bags, for your own birthday cake, you insisted on making your own, Hayden didn't mind because you love what you do.

"Tater tot, I've put the icing in the fridge and the cakes are coming out now," Gila speaks to you but you're so concentrated on finishing this wedding cake for this weekend you don't really hear her.

🎂

"Grayson, buddy that looks amazing!" Hayden compliments his two year old's birthday card for you.

Today was your birthday, and although Hayden wasn't going to let you off the bed after that amazing birthday sex this morning, you still insisted to go in and help the girls.

"Tank you, Dada," Grayson speaks and Hayden pats his little head, "Sissy sleepin'," Grayson remarks and points his baby sister sleeping soundly in his father's arms.

"Yeah," Hayden whispers and purses his bottom lip out as he looks at his little princess, so adorable and has him wrapped around her little chunky finger.

"You have to go down for your nap soon, buddy," Hayden taps his son's head again, as he doesn't respond.

"And after your nap, we're going out to eat to celebrate Mama's birthday!" Hayden carefully bends down to his bubba, kissing his cheek as he giggles.

"Mama birfday," the toddler says, looking into his father's eyes for clarity.

Hayden pulls his phone out, seeing if you had called him back, you had the habit of not picking up when you were focused on a cake or a dessert you were making.

He hates it.

"Yup," Grayson's father sighs, "if she remembers that it is."

🎂

"They're here for the cake, tater tot," Gila mentions, as she enters the kitchen, you don't even know what hour it is, it's late though because there's no light shining in through the roof window of the kitchen.

You're sure it's not that late though, there's still plenty of time to celebrate your own birthday with your family.

"Okay, perfect, I'm boxing it up, now," you're satisfied with how it came out, just how you wanted it so. You want your clients to be satisfied and come back to your bakery.

Sealing up the edges of the box, you wrap it up with ribbon and place one of your personalized bakery cards on the front of it, taking a deep breath you feel proud and accomplished on what you did today and you still have so much of your day left.

Gila goes out helping you out and hands the cake to its owner, and you start taking your apron off, your arms behind your waist as you try to undo the knot.

"Need a hand?" Your husband's voice rings in your ears and you turn to face him.

He has a wounded puppy look on his face, disappointed he couldn't spend your birthday with you. You snuck out on him early this morning and here you were your birthday almost over. And he hasn't even given you so much as a kiss.

"Baby, hi," you softly say and smile at him, he's so handsome, as always, "I'm sorry I got caught up here. But I'm ready I just need to shower and change and we can go out with your parents like we planned to..."

Hayden comes closer to you, walking behind you to undo your apron knot, easily he undos it quickly, and helps you take it off completely off your head.

Placing a kiss on your bare shoulder since you were wearing a tank top, "it's eight thirty honey," he whispers, hands on your hips as he kisses your cheek while you think hard.

It can't be. No way, so many hours have just gone by like that.

"I don't believe you," you gasp turn to him and frown, he's joking he's got to be. No way the whole day just vanished before your eyes.

"Denny," you frown and tighten your brows, "don't joke like that."

"Angel," Hayden cradles your face, chuckling and flashing that beautiful smile at you, a smile you've fallen so in love with, "it's night time already. But don't worry, I have a surprise for you."

"You're not mad at me?" You feel guilty for working on your birthday, you know Hayden had dinner reservations, which were canceled hours ago because Hayden knew this would occur.

"Of course not, baby, you love what you do, birthday or not."

Hayden places your apron on am empty metal table, those long ones used for multiple orders.

"But, wait," you realize you were going to make your own cake, out of all the cakes you made, you forgot to make yours, "my cake...I...it's just been so busy."

Your husband pinches your chin, evaporating any anxiety roaming through your head, "next year we're going away for your birthday, and every year after that. If it takes thousands of miles away from this bakery for you to take a day off, so be it."

You chuckle, he really does have to drag you away from this place, far far away so you could take a break.

Denny takes your hand, leading you finally away from this kitchen.

Walking out the lights of the bakery were dimmed, and Hayden's mom was there, Andy and Laurie and the kids, Gila, and your kids were there as well. Kate and Derek, and Annie of course!

Your baby girl asleep in Grandpa Andy's arms, while Grayson sat at the table where an interesting cake was placed.

"Oh," your eyes immediately water, tears blurring your vision as Grayson comes running to you, holding one of many balloons.

"Happy Birthday!" All of them whisper yell, to avoid waking baby girl, which you find to be such a beautiful wholesome thing.

"Thank you!" You whisper out as well, and chuckle. Andy hands Hayden his sleeping daughter who should be down in her crib but her Mama is just too hardworking.

With flour on your forehead and fingers, sweat all over your body, and your hands tired from going and making and baking all day.

"Gray, wanna tell Mama about her birthday cake?" Hayden pats his son's head, and you bend down to his level, fixing his long beautiful hair which he got from his father.

"I make it!" Grayson announces proudly, "Dada helped me, we make it together."

You analyze the cake, the icing isn't evenly spread out, there's chunk of sprinkles here and there, the handwriting could be neater, and the layering of the cake itself could be more proportional. Yet, it is absolutely perfect and beautiful to you.

"He was a natural," Your husband whispers to you, "he has baking blood."

"He sure does," Andy responds, "not from me though."

Annie beams over her grandkiddos, "Little barber bakers!"

"Hear that Grayson? You'll be running a family business once you graduate high school." Kate adds, tapping Grayson's head. He giggles at her.

Gila appears with some matches, "Okay! Let's light these candles up!"

You carried Grayson in your arms, and Hayden held baby girl in his, as everyone quietly sang you happy birthday.

You look around to your family and you're so happy, all the shut you went through, you'd go through it again, because Hayden, your children, your family are worth it.

So worth it.

a/n: cute little bonus to one of my fav barber family 💙 ill be definitely adding many more!