Part IV • Prince Charming Wears Dolce

Part 4: Prince Charming wears Dolce

TW: serious mental abuse, physical abuse, bullying

The next day you woke up to John on the fire escape, hammering boards on your window.

"What the hell John?" You noticed his dirty work boots.

"Morning, little lady," He says, continuing to hammer the nails in.

"What are you doing?"

"Boss lady said to cover up your window," he lines up another nail and begins to hammer it into the wood, "just doing what I'm told."

You huffed as you stood from your bed, throwing the covers to the side as you slipped on your old slippers.

You decided to get ready for the day to stop yourself from strangling Lily with your hands.

As you brushed your hair you thought about Hayden, and the wonderful time you had last night with him.

He was so passionate and funny, handsome, and so set on his goals for the future.

You thought about how you could help him, because his father sure as hell wasn't going to pay for his architectural career.

Thinking about one of your Dad's old friends, Chip, who was at Columbia as a Architectural Humanities Professor.

Quickly you dialed his number before Lily came to your room like she always did to give you a list of chores for the day.

You paved around your room, waiting for Chip to answer. He was a busy man and very hard to get a hold of since apart from being a professor he was also an architect himself.

So he was very preoccupied with new properties and projects.

"This is Chip, who am I speaking to?"

"Chip!" You couldn't believe he answered, "it's Y/n.."

"Y/n, sweetheart, how are you?"

He was a kind man, very humble just like when you met him at the age of 16 when your dad took you on a tour of Columbia University.

"I'm doing good," you respond, looking back at your bedroom door to see if Lily would barge in, "I wanted to ask you for a favor.."

"I'm all ears." He tells you, but then John turned on his drill and you couldn't even hear your own thinking.

You walk over to the window and stand on your bed so you could wave your hand, in order to convey the message that you needed him to stop.

"Y/n? You still there?" Chip speaks into the phone, a hint of concern in his voice.

"Yes! I am, so the favor I need is, I have a friend and he wants to be an arochtect, I was wondering if I could give you his number and you could call him and help him with all the programs and internships there are..."

"..uh, well...." He sounded reluctant.

"...he's a good kid, I promise you Chip, very hardworking and passionate about what he wants to be. He studies at Harvard right now, finishing up his second semester, please just give him a call." You almost beg him.

He stays quiet for a minute, then he says, "alright kiddo, this kid better be legit..."

"Yes! Thank you, Chip! And he is, you'll see.... I will..." Lily knocked on the door in that moment ordering you to open it because you had locked it, lowering your voice to a whisper you said, "..I will text you his number, Chip, thanks again, I gotta go..."