Part ll • Summer Has Begun

I'm obsessed with writing this mini series....I think about it all day and I'm glued to my computer... all day...

Part 2: Summer has Begun

TW: serious mental abuse, physical abuse, Lily is cruel AF she deserves to be on the warnings list.

"So Hayden, what's it like at Harvard?" Lily sips her wine, curiously awaiting Hayden's answer, looking at him from across the table as Serena and Blair drooled with only watching him.

Hayden gulps, intimidated by Lily's powerful stare, and having Serena and Blair watch his every move as they sat very close beside him.

His parents gave him reprimanding looks from across the table, they had a talk before they got here, scolding him as if he were 10 years old and giving him a refresher course on his manners - as if he didn't have any.

Hayden refused to go with his parents chauffeur so he took his own car so he's be welcome to leave when he wanted to.

"It's great, Mrs. Van der Woodsen," Hayden replies, still earning a mean look from his mom because it took him so long to respond, "I've made great friends so far and I really like my professors."

"Please, honey," Lily sets her third glass down, "call me Lily," she smiles over at the young blonde, "what are you majoring in again, Hayden?"

Hayden was going to answer when his father interrupted, 'here we go,' he thought, his father always had something to say about his decision to be...

"He's undecided," George fixes his tie, the topic making his blood pressure go up, "I don't know why because his father is one of the best lawyers in this damn city.." George's voice was rough and there was a lot of unspoken anger between Hayden and his father.

"Please honey, he already told us he wants to get a feel for what he really wants to do," Annie calmed her husband down, "we said we'd support him."

"I said I'd support him, but I didn't say I agreed with him." George spoke as if Hayden weren't in the room, feeling embarassed that he was on the spot in front of Miss Lily and her daughters. 

You and Gila were eavesdropping and not on purpose, in the kitchen. They were speaking very loudly and the dinning room connected into the kitchen so, it couldn't be helped. You could tell George was one of those snotty old men who didn't give a fuck about their child's desires, their dreams, he would be the type to take Hayden and force him to be a lawyer just because he is already one.

Hayden was just about to open his mouth to speak again when he jumps up suddenly when Blair touches a bit high up on his thigh, higher than he would like. He forgot they were even there, breathing on his neck and looking at him as if he were a piece of steak, so he kindly excused himself and disappeared into the hallway - trying to find the bathroom in this godforsaken penthouse.

You didn't realize he wasn't sitting at the table when Gila asked you to start serving the appetizers, the first course. 5 minutes you prepared yourself to walk out there, with the fear of being embarassed by Lily or her daughters in front of that blondie who strangely made your palms sweat and lose your train of thought.

"Finally, Y/n!" Lily whispered to you angrily as her face twisted when she turned her head to speak to you.

George and Annie were engaged in a conversation with Serena and Blair about their plans for the future so they didn't hear.

"I don't pay you to stay in the kitchen, gossiping with Gila, do I?" She yanked the tray of shrimp and dipping sauce from your hands.

"You don't pay me at all." You stated, looking at her confused.