Chapter 20

A/n- The last few chapters won't really include Darkness as much since Homecoming is focused on Toothless, Lightfury, and their kids. You don't see any of the other dragons in the movie, so what I will be doing here. Toothless, Deathstar, and the kids with brief mentions of her brother.

I will be going through the How To Train Your Dragon; Homecoming movie so this will start off when the dragons are first seen. So where we left off, as taking a nap. We will take an automatic time skip to catch up to the movie timeline.

I'm glad to be back guys, I missed all of you.

I will also make it easier on myself and change the type of how they talk.

Toothless - normal

Deathstar  (you) - italics

Kids / Darkness (if he's even mentioned) - Bold

--------

I was walking through the open area with our kids bouncing around, roughhousing as we walked. Max and Aurora started picking up speed and decided to bolt faster down to the pond. I gurgled at them and said to the other's "you guys can go ahead and catch up to your father. I will be taking my time." All of them said okay and ran after their siblings except Saphire. I smiled since she's never been the one to leave my side, kinda making sure that I wasn't gonna up and disappear. Kinda regret telling them my backstory so early into their childhood but they kept asking and I just wanted to get to sleep.

After finally catching up to the group, I noticed Toothy making a small human-ish drawing on the sand. Something he did on this day every day since we last saw Hiccup and Astrid. I sat down next to Toothless rubbing my head against his neck as our kids attempted to refigure it into a half-human half-dragon thing. Toothless got a little upset they changed it and while fixing it brushed sand into Max's face. I rolled my eyes and did a small huff of annoyance, I pulled Max closer by my tail and licked his face of sand. 

Sure it tasted disgusting but I don't want my baby's eyes hurting because he got sand in them. He nuzzled against my side and we looked back to see what he was doing. It was of the human in front of mountains with a dragon in the air and I soon pieced it together as he and Hiccup together once again. I sigh and get up saying "Toothy you do this every year, I know you miss him but come on..what's the chance of seeing him again?" As I walked away I could hear him do a soft sad sigh and chase after me. 

I sat down, looking at the sand closing my eyes trying to relax knowing that he just misses his best friend. I feel him purr and nuzzle against my shoulder, rubbing up to my throat trying to get me to forgive him like I was mad at him. "I'm sorry dear, I just really miss him. Seeing him while out on the island it brought back memories and how much I missed him when I decided you over him." He paused knowing that if I took that to heart, he would be dead almost literally and not just metaphorically. 

I nuzzled under his chin saying "hey hey, it's okay. I know you miss him, I just don't want to see you continue to be hurt. The chances of seeing them again are slim baby and every time the four days pass you keep getting hurt from not seeing them." Trying to get his mind off it, I walked ahead of him making sure to drag my tail across his chin, feeling him lean into me before I take off into the air. After a few seconds, I hear him do a soft roar in the air saying "come on kids, let's go back."