Part 11 - Karaoke Night Funkin' (2)

"Hey, we're here! Sorry we're late!" Hex says as he steps inside, two familiar people behind him. "We had a few minor difficulties getting the speakers into the elevator."

"It's no problem, Hex," Calvin reassures him with a chipper grin. 

However, nobody else is paying much attention to Hex or Calvin, as they all turn to look at the two other newly arrived guests. And so do you.

Well. He actually pulled it off.

"Beep skdoo bop!" says Boyfriend as he peers around the room, twirling his mic in hand. His, admittedly, much taller Girlfriend stands behind him, lugging around some speakers on a wagon. 

"Oh, pretty nice place you got here," she murmurs, eyes half-lidded as always. 

"Ah, hah, thanks!" Calvin replies once he registers that he is being referred to. Even as the person who supposedly invited them over, he seems nervous.

"You... got Boyfriend and Girlfriend...?" Ash first speaks before you, Gar, or Annie can. Her attention is completely dropped from the phone in her hands. "For our karaoke night...?"

"Yeah!" Hex replies before Cal can-- which is pretty convenient, since Calvin's already starting to sweat, looking a bit unsure about his decision. Still, Hex continues. "I'm friends with them, so I asked if they wanted to meet some more singers!"

"Beep boop!" Boyfriend nods brightly. 

Ignoring how your heart feels trapped in your chest, you glance over to Annie and Garcello, both seemingly almost dumbstruck by the famous Boyfriend and Girlfriend's arrivals. Famous, not only for beating the Daddy Dearest in a singing battle but also famous for beating... anyone, in a match. Anyone.

Which has made Boyfriend a pretty big target and celebrity around where you live.

"Bep bi," he chirps as he helps Girlfriend drag the speakers inside. You've got no clue how either of them manages to carry those around for every battle.

"Wow, Hex," Garcello finally murmurs, "Hanging out with celebrities? You've got your life going for you."

"I guess you can say that!" Hex chuckles, rubbing the back of his head. Quietly, he adds, "I wish I could hang out with Hatsune Miku too, honestly..."

"Well, you'll get there one day, bud," Garcello smiles encouragingly towards his friend and pats his back. A moment later, he turns back to Annie, who is still totally silent as she watches BF and GF drag in their speakers from the doorway. His smile wobbles with slight concern. "Uh... Annie?"

She inhales.

"Holy shi--"

~~~

"Well, glad we're all settled," Calvin sighs as he crosses and uncrosses his legs on the couch anxiously. 

"Settled is relative," you can't help yourself from murmuring. Everyone in the room seems at least a bit nervous. 

"Bep bop boop skdoo?" Boyfriend asks, confused.

"Oh, they're just a bit unused to having a celebrity around!" Hex replies assuringly. Boyfriend's concerned expression loosens a bit when the robot pats him on the back.

About every other person in the room only stares at Hex, blinking. He notices all the eyes on him and shrugs.

"What?"

"You can understand him?" says Garcello, an eyebrow assumedly raised under the hat. 

"Well, yes?" Hex rubs his arm. "Girlfriend can too."