ONE

"Happy birthday to you

"Happy birthday to you." Luna concluded her song as she held the singular chocolate cupcake up to Bella, blowing out the candle for her as she knew Bella wouldn't do it herself.

"Shhh," Bella hissed, "don't let anyone know!"

The brunette girl grabbed the cupcake out of her hand and threw it into the nearest trashcan. Luna's eyes widened and her mouth gaped, feeling a bit betrayed at the sudden outburst. Bella noticed her expression and sent the girl a slightly apologetic look before linking arms with her and continuing through the parking lot. Luna remained silent as the pair migrated towards the doors.

"Sorry... I'm just very unsettled right now." Bella apologized, "I was tossing and turning all night."

"Well I understand why, you're eight-" Bella hushed her again, "teen now- sorry. I mean, your entire life is going to change... Taxes, car payments, college-"

A sudden voice popped up from behind them, "Not to mention, you're physically older than Edward now."

"I don't think that helps, Alice." A southern accent informed before taking Luna's hand, "Hello beautiful, how are you doing?"

Luna smiled brightly, "Just fine, how are you cowboy?"

"Better now that you're here." He shared the look.

Jasper leaned down and gave her a small peck on the lips while continuing toward the high school. Luna grinned a toothy smile while looking back at the pale-skinned girl. Bella only sighed and looked around for Edward, who was likely waiting inside or a couple of minutes late.

"I love you guys but you seriously suck at giving advice." Bella told them honestly, making Luna snicker "By the way, where's your brother?"

"Oh he's waiting for us inside, I think he wanted to-"

"Yeah, he's inside." Jasper cut his sister off before she could say anything else.

Bella looked at the siblings with knitted eyebrows, sensing that the family was up to something. Her eyes wandered to Luna's, to which the girl only shook her head, not knowing what was going on either. Bella only continued as she finally opened the doors to the common area, seeing her boyfriend.

"Oh! By the way Bella," Alice stopped in her tracks when they finally grouped near Edward "I brought you this." The small girl took a box out of her bag "You're going to wear it tonight... Our place."

Luna noted that Bella was visibly upset. She nudged Jasper who nodded and focus his attention on the Swan girl. Bella finally smiled and nodded at her, giving in to the pressure. Luna only laughed at the situation.

"Okay fine." She said, but quickly she looked at Jasper "Hey Jasper, no fair with the mind control thing!"

"Sorry Bella, I just do what I'm told." He gestured to Luna "Happy- nevermind."