NINETEEN

When she neared the white car, Luna was met with the familiar smile of Issac Roberts

When she neared the white car, Luna was met with the familiar smile of Issac Roberts. He unlocked the car and she slid into the passengers-side seat, her black hair wet from the rain that had been falling. She let out a huff as she put her backpack in the back seat.

"What's up with the sudden meeting with Kofoed?" He asked her, curious as to why she was late to lunch.

"So... Turns out I am going to have to take you up on that homework help you offered me." She told him with a content smile, "Kofoed gave me an extension on my AP history homework and he's going to let me pass his class."

"That's awesome." Issac smiled back before teasing the girl, "I mean not that I have to do all your APUSH homework for you but-"

Luna let out a laugh and smacked the boys shoulder, "Hey you offered!"

"I know, I know, I'm just kidding." He told her before shifting his car into drive, "I'd love to help you catch up."

"I mean, now that I've been going to school again, all my grades are pretty much up besides History and English."

"I can help you with both if you want." Issac told her, "I really don't mind. I mean, English we have together anyway, so I can teach you the lessons you missed in class."

"Only if you're okay with it." She told him.

The brunette teased again, "Only if you pay for my lunch."

Luna's grin widened a little more, "Deal."

"Oh," Issac said, changing the topic suddenly, "I meant to text you, how is Jake? Is he feeling any better or does he still have a fever?"

Luna thought for a moment. Obviously she couldn't tell Isaac how Jacob really was. She quickly thought of a response.

"He's still a little sick." She told him, "He's had a sore throat and a bad fever."

"Does he really? Do you guys know what he has?" Issac asked, concerned.

Luna shook her head, "My dad mentioned that it might be mono. I'm sure he'll be better in a week or so."

Isaac frowned, "That's awful... I hope he gets better soon."

Luna nodded, feeling bad for lying to the boy, "Yeah I hope so too."

The two sat for a moment, listening to the music that played in the car. Isaac looked at Luna before he asked her another question.

"How do you feel about hanging out at my house?"

"Your house?" Luna parroted, "For the make up work, you mean?"

He nodded, "Yeah, well I mean in general, but yeah. We always hang out at yours and Jacob's house but you've never been to mine before."

Luna thought about it for a moment. They had been friends for almost three months but after she thought about it she realized he was right. She wasn't even sure what neighborhood the Roberts lived in.