TWENTY - ONE

"You did what?"

"You did what?"

"We kissed." Luna grinned cheesily, "And I think I really like him..."

Jacob looked at his sister with wide eyes, "When was this?"

"Like..." She checked the time on her phone, "An hour ago. We kind of got distracted in the rain."

""You don't say. Is that why your clothes are all wet?" He asked her, "They're literally dripping water on the floor right now."

The girl watched her brother hurry down the hall and open a closet door. He reached in and grabbed a towel before closing it. Jacob then walked back towards the kitchen and handed her the item.

Luna squeezed the water from her hair in attempts to dry herself off. She then wrapped the towel tightly around her body. Her brother then sat at the table and gestured for her to join him. The older sister did so after a long moment of trying to get her shoes off.

"Did Bella ask about me today?" Jacob asked her seriously.

Luna glared, "I just told you about how I made out with the guy you've been begging me to date for months and that is what you ask me?"

The younger brother sighed, "Okay, I'm sorry, but did she?"

The brown eyed girl looked at her brother for a long while before nodding. She pursed her lips before taking a long glance at the boy. He brought his hand to his forehead and let out a frustrated groan, making Luna wince at the sight.

"I messed things up with her so bad." He said in an angry tone.

"You didn't mess up." She defended, "It was the timing of you wolfing out. She still really likes you."

Jacob drew squiggles on the table with his fingers, "You think so?"

"Yeah." Luna nodded, "Nice haircut by the way, did you get it today? And is that a tattoo? When did you get that?"

"Oh, yeah I got both of them today." Jake looked at his shoulder, "The tattoo is cool, don't you think?"

Luna stared, "Yeah I do, did anyone else get one with you?"

"Yeah, everyone in the pack has one."

"Everyone?" Luna asked.

Jacob confirmed, "Quil and Embry have them too."

His older sister joked, "Now you're sealed in for the rest of your life."

Jacob chuckled, "I guess so... You're just lucky you don't have to deal with hearing everyones thoughts. Sometimes I wish I could forget English."

"Is it that bad?" Luna asked.

Jake nodded slowly, his eyes widened to add to the affect. He placed his elbow on the table and rested his head on his fist while staring at his sister. She had lots of questions swimming in her mind but couldn't think of the words to ask him.