TWELVE

"We should hurry up and test these things before we freeze to death

"We should hurry up and test these things before we freeze to death." Luna said, rubbing her hands back and forth, trying to generate heat.

Jacob and Issac brought the bikes up, rolling them against the dirt and gravel. Issac kicked out the kickstand and left the second bike next to Jacob. The long haired teen threw his leg over the bike, securing his seat on it. He fiddled with the mechanics for a moment before hearing Bella near him.

"Can I take it for the first ride?" Bella asked, her brown eyes looking between the bike and the younger Black sibling.

Jacob looked at her with an unsure expression on his face, "I don't know Bella... I feel like I should just to make sure it runs okay."

"What, doubting your master mechanic abilities?" Bella teased the youngest teen.

Issac let out a small "oooh" noise and said, "I don't know Jacob, I think Bella's got you there."

The long haired boy drew back, "No- I just- I don't know. You can go first if you really want to."

Jacob kicked the kickstand up on his bike and threw his leg back over. He then gestured for Bella to get on the bike, standing next to it. Bella looked at the bike for a moment before nodding, walking over and climbing onto it. She took in a deep breath while Jacob explained the mechanics.

"Brake... Clutch..." Jacob explained, "Gas."

The three watched as Bella turned over the bike, giving it a little bit of gas. Jacob nodded, "Good... Now slowly release the clutch."

Luna furrowed her brows as she noticed Bella look to the side, almost as though someone was standing next to her. She looked down at her hand and immediately released the clutch, making Jacob jump out of the way. Luna took a step towards her friend, trying to see what she was looking at.

"Whoa," Issac asked the brunette, "are you alright?"

Bella looked at the other pair, "I want to go again."

At that moment, Bella started the bike back up again and started down the dirt road.

"I'm not the only one who thinks she has no idea what she's doing... Right?" Issac asked.

Jacob shook his head, "No, definitely not."

Luna's brown eyes were wide, watching Bella move at a rapid speed. As she moved, she looked over her shoulder, seeming to be looking at something moving past her. The three watched nervously at the unmanageable girl.

"Bella watch out!" Luna suddenly shouted, watching as her friend neared a pile of boulders.

"Hit the brake!" Jacob yelled at the girl, "Hit the brake!"

"Holy shit!" Luna gasped, her hand flying to her mouth in a gasp.

The trio watched as Bella tilted the bike to the side, flying over the front handle bars. Luna and Issac began to run towards the Swan girl while Jacob hopped on the other bike. Jacob met the two at the same time, crouching down to make sure she was okay.

Bella pushed herself up from the rocks, looking around in confusion. She had a large, bloody gash on her forehead and seemed more than a little unbalanced. Luna grabbed her shoulders, attempting to keep her from falling over.

"I want to go again." She mumbled.

"Do you have a death wish?" Luna said in a scolding way.

"I want to go again." She repeated.

"No- no way." Jacob shook his head, "No more bikes."

Issac crouched down next to the girls, "Your head is bleeding..."

Bella brought her hand to her forehead, "I- I'm sorry."

Jacob furrowed his brows, "You're apologizing for bleeding?"

"Yeah," Bella said, "I guess I am."

Luna looked down at the ground, pursing her lips. She knew that if she were in Bella's position, she'd probably be apologizing too. She couldn't help but feel embarrassed at the thought.

"It's just a bit of blood, Bella." Issac reminded her.

"Here."

Jacob lifted his arms and swiftly took off his tee shirt. He leaned down and brought it to the teens forehead, watching as she winced.

"I think we better get Bella back to her house." Issac told the group, "She's going to pass out if she doesn't lay down."

"Are you sure?" Bella asked, "I- I swear, I'll be okay if I just go one more-"

Issac shook his head, "No way. Trust me Bella, I know that when you have an open wound you need to take care of it and rest."

Jacob looked at Issac with confusion, then to his sister. Luna only gave him a nod, signaling that her brother needed to just listen to him.

"Bella lets get you home, okay?" Luna suggested, "Jake can you carry her back to the truck?"

Jacob nodded, picking up the girl without hesitation. The three walked back over to the vehicles, making sure that Bella was still conscious along the way. Issac opened the truck's door for Jacob while Luna watched.

"You guy's go ahead, I'll meet you back at the house after I drop her off at Charlie's." Jacob said.

"What about the bikes?" Luna asked, "We can help bring them back-"

Jacob shook his head with a shrug, "Don't worry about it, I'll get them."

"Are you sure?" Issac asked.

"Yeah," Jake assured, "I'll see you two after."

Luna nodded, "Okay... Let's get going then?" She looked to Issac.

"Okay."

They left Jacob and Bella, turning their heels and walking towards the white car. Issac and Luna climbed into the car and closed their doors at the same time. He turned on the car and the two of them sat in silence for a moment.

"What... Was that?" Luna said, looking at him.

"I know, right? I can't believe she apologized for bleeding-"

Luna shook her head, "No- no- no- I mean how she kept looking over her shoulder. You saw that too, didn't you?"

"Looking over her shoulder?" Issac asked curiously.

"Yeah, it was weird." Luna said, "It was almost like someone was talking to her... She looked scared but- but then that's when she first took off. Then, when she was driving, she kept looking over her shoulder or to the side. It was like she kept seeing something."

The brown haired boy thought for a moment, "A ghost maybe?"

Luna fought back a laugh with a grin, "I'm serious!

"So am I!" He laughed.

The girl then erupted in contagious laughter, "It was weird!"

"Maybe tomorrow ask her about it? After she's gotten time to rest?"

Luna ran a hand though her hair, nodding in agreement, "That's a good idea."

Issac sent her a consoling smile before turning back and looking through his window. He saw Jacob get into the bright orange truck. The teen then put his car into drive, looking back at the girl.

With that, they drove away.