ELEVEN

The two watched as Bella pulled over on the side of the road in a hurry

The two watched as Bella pulled over on the side of the road in a hurry. She hopped out of the car and dashed towards the side rail, almost as though she was looking for something. Issac pulled over as well, curious to see what the two were doing. Luna looked back over her shoulder to see her little brother jump out of the car and run towards Bella with a humored expression on his face.

"What the hell are they doing?" Luna asked, wondering why the two stopped in the middle of the road.

"I don't know but we should probably check it out." Issac told her.

The two unbuckled their seatbelts and got out of the small sedan. They waited until the road was clear to run over, peering over the cliffside to see what they were looking at. Luna furrowed her brows when she saw a group of cliff divers jumping from the cliffs across the bay.

"They're not really fighting. They're cliff diving, Bella. Scary as hell, but a total rush." Jacob explained.

Issac looked at them with a curious expression, "Why are they jumping from so high? Aren't they scared of getting hurt?"

Luna shook her head, "No... It's something that Sam and his group do often. Most of us jump from farther down though."

"We leave the showing off to Sam and his disciples." Jake said in an annoyed tone.

Bella asked, "What you got some kind of beef with them or something?"

"I don't know." Jake admitted, "Embry used to call them hall monitors on steroids. Now look at him-"

"That's Embry?" Issac asked, "I've been wondering why he hasn't been answering my texts... Is it cause he's been hanging out with that guy?"

Jacob nodded, "He missed some school and then all of a sudden he following Sam around like a little puppy."

"Maybe we should just let them be..." Luna started, giving Jacob a look, "It's best not to pry, especially with Sam, right?"

Jacob looked at his older sister, "Yeah, you're right. Let's just keep going. We're almost to where we need to go."

Luna watched the group jump one by one in the distance. She looked at her brother and noticed his uncomfortable look. She watched as the boy's turned and started back for their vehicles while Bella stayed, studying the view. Luna wondered what Bella could be thinking, she figured that it was something along the lines of, "Those guys are crazy." but she wasn't certain.

The tan skinned girl opened the car door and watched as Issac immediately turned the heat higher, "I can only imagine how cold the water is today. Sam and his group are crazy."

"They probably don't even notice. Apparently the wolves have a body temp of one-o-nine." Luna explained, "The water probably feels lukewarm to them."

"What do you mean the wolves?" Issac asked.

"Well you know who Sam is, right?" She asked, Issac shook his head, "Sam is one of the werewolves. He's the leader of the Uley pack- the alpha, essentially- and all those guys with him are in his pack."

"So Embry..."

Luna nodded, "That's probably why Embry isn't answering your texts."

Issac hummed, "Is he not allowed to say anything to me?"

"I've heard that they're bound. Does he know about you and your parents?"

The boy shrugged, "I've mentioned things but I've never flat-out said my parents are hunters."

"I see." Luna said, "I would just give him time."

He turned, following Luna's brother up a dirt path, "I understand..." Issac then attempted to lighten the mood, "A body temp of one-o-nine though- no wonder they're jumping into the water. It must feel nice."

"Or they're insane... I wouldn't be surprised if one of them gets caught in the waves and hurts themselves on the rocks." Luna shook her head.

He looked at her, "You're not into cliff jumping?"

"I've been a couple of times, but I've never jumped from there. There's other ledges around the cliffs that are farther down." She told him.

"So... Can I ask you a question?" Issac asked Luna.

She replied, "It depends on what it is."

"I know that the werewolf gene isn't entirely predictable but is it possible for you to have it?" Issac asked her, "I hope that's not overstepping. I understand if it's not something you want to talk about."

Luna shook her head, "No it's okay. I'm not totally sure. Most werewolves would have shifted by my age. I think I would have shifted by now, but it's hard to say."

"I see." Issac nodded, "What about Jacob? Is he-"

Luna shrugged, "We don't know yet... He's right at the age where it's possible, but we won't know until it happens."

"What was going on with Jacob and that Sam guy? Jacob seemed pretty intimidated by him."

She explained, "He's been stopping by at our house- watching the two of us like hawks- it's pretty nerve wreaking."

He hummed, "I'd bet..."

"Yeah he's really freaking Jake out." Luna explained, "A few months ago, he would stop at our house all the time to check on me, but I think he stopped once I told my dad I didn't care if I had the gene or not."

"You don't?"

Luna shook her head, "Of course not. I mean, it's not like I'm going to live my life angry if I don't have it."

"That's good then." Issac nodded, "You shouldn't have too."

"What about you?"

"What about me?" Issac asked.

Luna continued, "You mentioned that your family have been hunters since they lived in Germany." She noticed that Issac had a small grin on his face, "What... Why are you smiling like that?"

"I just thought it was funny that you remembered that." He told her.

She felt her cheeks heat, "I don't know... I just remembered that."

The brunette laughed, "It's okay, keep going."

"I was just going to ask- is there a particular reason why you want to be a hunter? Is it because you want to, or because you feel like you have to?"

He thought for a moment, the silence in the car taking over. Luna immediately felt as though she had crossed a line. She began, "If you don't feel comfortable-"

"No it's alright. It's just a hard thing to think about." He explained, "While I know that it's my decision to become one or not, I sometimes feel like I have no choice but to."

Luna nodded. She was surprised, but she couldn't help but feel bad for the boy. In her mind, they had a similar situation going on- obligation to family. Never, in a million years, did she think that she'd be sympathizing for Issac Roberts.

"Oh look," Issac then said, "we're here."

The brown eyed girl looked from the teen to the window. She watched as her brother hopped out of Bella's truck, signaling for them to park near them. Issac sent him a thumbs up and parked next to the orange truck, turning off his sedan.

"Well..." Issac said, looking back to the girl with a smile, "Let's go ride some motorcycles."

She grinned, "Let's go."