Episode 1: Discovery

"I hear you creeping around. I am fully aware of your presence!" I state confidently. The sound around me freezes and I know my words has startled them.

I turn to face where they stand despite I cannot see them. My eyes are clothed with a silky smooth blindfold since my eyes are of no good use to me. I am blind.

"Do not find me vulnerable because of my current state, my excellent ears make up for it all. I can even hear your heartbeat." I say.

I am still greeted with silence. It begins to irritate me so I speak up again. "State your business here!"

I hear them creep to the other side of the room choosing to remain distant from me. I twirl my body on the small stool I sit upon to constantly face them, making sure they are aware I know where they are at all times.

I do not enjoy the silent treatment. It once again irritates me. I rise up from my stool and decide to pick a fight. "Why will you not answer me?!" I shout in question.

I then hear them pound their foot onto the ground three times in a row. There is a slight pause before they proceed to do it again.

I am confused at first until I realize it is Morse Code. I listen carefully for awhile as they communicate to me with their foot.

They spell out the word "mute".

"You are a mute?" I ask.

I hear them excitedly clap their hands from afar. I assume that means I am correct.

"In that case, I apologize for acting so hostile to you. Do you got a name stranger?"

They begin to stomp their foot quickly. I can tell they are excited.

"Woah woah not too fast please!" I plead. "I need a second to process the letters."

They understand and stop immediately. They start again from the top but move more slow paced. I nod my head in approval.

I begin to gather the letters I am given; "R", "U", "S", "S", "I", and finally "A".

I wait a few seconds before speaking to be sure they are finished. When I am certain they are done, I speak. "Your name is...Russia?"

They excitedly clap once again and I know I am right. A small smile tugs at my lips. "Nice to meet you Russia, I am America."

Russia claps some more and I let out a loose chuckle. I can hear Russia's little heartbeat flutter, it is a sound like no other. It is nice to finally hear a beating pulse. However, it made me start to wonder what he was doing here in the first place.

I was confined to a spacious square room. There is nothing in it other than my stool. I do not know what color it is but I like to pretend it is blue. Strange that I even know what that color is.

I wonder some more; there is neither a door nor window in my room so how did Russia manage to get in here?

"Russia?" I start to ask. "How did you get in here?"

It was quiet for a moment as if he were thinking. Russia then began to tap out an answer with his foot.

"Unsure." he said.

"Well, how did you find this place?" I press.

He taps his foot some more.

"String." he replies.

His brief answers only made me spiral into confusion. It made me wish he could speak. "What the hell are you talking about?!" I spat.

I hear him move closer to me. His heartbeat seemed to have calmed down. I soon feel his presence directly in front of me. I tilt my head, unsure of what he is doing. He places his hand on my blindfold and I grab his hand instantly.