Episode 9: Valuable Slave

I feel myself being lifted into the air and the hourglass is flipped upside down. I fall to the other end and grunt in pain. It was then that I saw the giant hand that held the other end. And that was all. The large golden hand was not attached to an arm, it floated in mid air. I then see a lone large flat golden eye swirl on the other side staring at me.

"Well well well..." it says in an alarming deep voice. It moves the hourglass around to observe me. "It appears that we have found something far beyond valuable..." I stare into its eye, unsure of what to say. "It is a shame of how unwise he is, to show off his abilities in such a way."

He brings the hourglass closer to his eye. "Did thy really think that we believed that your ability suppressing blindfold meant nothing? You are a fool."

"I am not the one with half of their men dead." I say. The hand flips the hour glass upside down once again placing it onto the floor. I fall down to the other side and fall onto my hands and knees. I look up at this being. For something with only and eye and two floating hands, it conveys so much emotion. It stares at me with annoyance. "What are your plans with me?" I finally ask.

The eye hovers closer to the glass to get a better look at me. "I will drain the powers that thine possesses at dawn tomorrow. Such an idiot does not deserve to wield such power. I will then consume it for thyself. After that is done thy shall be dismembered and sold to the peacekeepers in pieces!"

"That is a well thought out idea, however, I must decline your offer." I say while I stand up and brush my knees. The eye widened and let out a deep ground shaking laugh. "Mortal, your boldness has impressed thy. No bypasser has ever had thee courage to challenge thy authority like you do. Perhaps I shall keep you around for a while longer." I want to let out a sigh of relief that I was able to buy time. That is what I must do, I have to buy as much time as I can until Russia can find me. Every second I am given left alone and unattended, I will ponder.

I hope Russia was not put into a much worse situation than me.

I flash a plastered grin to the eye. "I am honored by your appreciation." Dark smoke soon fills the room. The eye and large golden hands vanish. A lengthy man in a clean black and gold suit then emerges out from the fog. He has an eye for a head. "I figured this form is most appropriate for you." he says. "I am known by plentiful names. Among them, Oculus. What do they call thy?"

"I am America." I say.

Oculus forms a door on the hourglass for me. "I have always craved an equal." A gold collar then appears around my neck with a leash attached that Oculus holds. "Come America, I have a proposition." He pulls the leash causing me to stumble over to him and forces me to follow. The collar around my neck makes me feel weak. As if I am less. I do not like it. Is this how my victims feel when I control their strings like puppets?

However, I must put these feelings aside; it would be unwise to fight and use my abilities against him. If Oculus has an hourglass that can suppress me and is not afraid to let me out temporarily, I should not take any chances. I decide to stick with my plan and buy time.

Oculus leads me to an enormous room but it only has a small platform for us to stand on. Below us was a large pit of sand. "My offsprings lies beneath the sand. There are hundreds, if not, thousands. Yet, they are all meaningless to me." He waves his hand and all the sand drains. I assume he had just killed his children. "They are all powerless. A pure waste of space and do not deserve to share air with me. Such disappointments do not deserve to roam around. I somehow can not pass down my powers to them. I realized it was simply because I have been impregnating powerless carriers. I needed an equal and I have finally found one."

My eyes widened and I am filled with so much disgust that I take a step back. "I can not even carry babies! I am a male!"

"I do not know what you mean by "male" but I assure you it is possible." Oculus says. He tugs my leash and pulls me over to him. "I need thy to help me create powerful sons. My legacy shall not die."