Episode 11: My Cure

Russia laid me softly on the grass in front of a stream. I take in the gorgeous night atmosphere. This truly was my favorite place to be. I feel more at ease now compared to before. Russia sits next to me and stares at the sparkling stream. "I am so sorry it took me so long to get to you." he apologizes.

I stare up into the precious sky without saying a word. I still feel the misery circulating throughout my body. As the memories resurface I feel my eyes tearing again. The precious sky becomes disoriented and cloudy. Before I can spill a droplet, I close my eyes.

I listen to the world to distract myself. I hear Russia turn his head to look at me. He speaks again. "I tried to follow your string as fast as possible but I was too late and-" I cut him off. "Russia, you saved me just in time. Thank you for that. Nothing is your fault." I had to reassure him; my uncomfortable silence was not for him, it was for me.

"America I did not save you in time- he raped you!" Russia said sounding upset. "That should not have happened!"

I sit up with my eyes now open. "He tried to get me pregnant... but the child was incomplete and I have you to thank for that! The pain from the intercourse is... temporary- if I were to actually conceive his child, it would have been far worse. So stop being so hard on yourself you idiot; you have done plenty, more than enough actually... you let me witness a satisfying tragic death- so you can take no blame for this... in the end, it is all my fault anyways!"

He looks a bit horrified after hearing about the pregnancy then switched his expression to baffled after he heard my last claim. "No America it is not your fault! Do not even say that!"

"It is!" I shout, "I told myself I was going to annihilate them all but I was stupid and I gave into his pleasure!" My yelling voice slowly starts breaking. "Only I am to blame- you were not there so you do not get a damn say!"

I feel him hug me to prevent me from spilling tears. He pulls me onto his lap and I bury my face into his chest while he speaks. "And that is why I am so sorry; I was not there. I should have been there to protect you."

"It is not your job to protect me, I was coping just fine until he started hurting me during the ceremony!" I say into his chest.

"I know, I watched you fight him at one point. I was watching from another dimension and it forbid me from interacting with you." I quickly pull away from him."I knew I heard your heartbeat! It distracted me and I lost that fight." I complain.

"I am so sorry..." he says. I let it go and rest my head back on his chest. I could feel myself calming down, Russia's presence could cure my anxiety.

"Do not be, hearing it gave me much hope." I tell him. "Did my golden bridge at least help guide you to me?"

"Yes, when I was traveling on it, I feared that it would vanish but it never did." he explained.

I smile softly. "Good. I think it is safe to say we are advancing in our abilities."

Russia nods. "Every time I think I have reached my maximum potential, I am proven wrong."

"Where did you learn to do that cool portal thing?" I ask.

"Your string has taken me to various places where I have been put in deadly situations where I needed to act fast in order to survive. I have learned simply out of instinct." he tells me.

"I can say the same thing." I reply, "Everything just happens." I begin to peel all the golden jewelry off my skin. It's beauty was tampered with an awful memory.

Russia watches as I do this. "They really dolled you up huh?"

I nod my head and chuckle weakly. "It was very uncomfortable, I am glad I can finally take it off now."