Episode 8: Rouge Prisoner

I immediately get on my feet and face my head towards the voices. I hear multiple heartbeats. I know they are staring down at me. I do not know what they look like or what their intentions are. One yells down to me in a loud croaky voice. I do not comprehend a single thing it says. I remain silent and I listen to my surroundings.

I hear 12 heartbeats. I am either out numbered drastically or they have more than one heart. I then hear the clanking sound of a wagon filled with goods overhead. The objects rattle inside as it comes closer. Were they perhaps merchants?

The being repeats itself but much more forcefully. It was as if it was trying to pry an answer out of me. The thought of this pisses me off. "I do not know what you are saying jackass!"

I hear them growl and they move away. I listen to shuffling in the wagon and they shortly return. They pop a small jar open and shake it. Things tap against the glass as they fall out. I hear things hit the ground and they start to crawl towards me.

I do not know what they dumped in here with me but I know it is a threat. There are three threats. Each has six legs. They are small like bugs. They have enormous tails that have- I jump out of the way when one of the bugs attempts to stab me with the sharp needle on their tail. The wind that I feel from that move tells me it can extract its tail to at least up to three feet. They wiggle their tails in the air and they aim it at me. I stand my ground and I give my ears my full trust.

It was like the world moved in slow motion. The first needle that came for me made me tilt my head to dodge it by just a hair. I firmly grab it with both of my hands and I yank the bug over to me. I press my foot onto it and I hear it crush. Its sap drips on my shoe. I detach its needle from its body with a single pull.

I swiftly turn around to greet the second needle that was coming for me. I use the first needle like a sword and block it. I then start to have a sword fight with the bug. That is when I realize it has consciousness and is capable of reasoning. The third needle swings at my neck and I jerk downwards as quickly as I can.

The third needle follows me like a hot seeker. It does not stop. I am avoiding it through dodges while fighting off the second needle. It is overwhelming me to have to focus on all these sounds at once while trying to survive.

The third needle swings at my feet and I jump into the air. I snap my improvised sword in half and I throw each piece into the bugs. I hear the sword pieces cleanly penetrate through their shells.

As I land on the ground, the bugs no longer make a sound. I straighten my legs and I face the strange figures who watched me this entire time. I bare my teeth as a joke and I hear their hearts speed up. That is hilarious.

Then they pull something out and a loud electric charge is heard. I am blasted with cold shocks and I shake uncontrollably. I feel lightheaded but I refuse to collapse. I tumble over to the dead bugs and I forcibly remove the two pieces of the sword.

I spin around twice on my heels and I send the needles into the figures. I soon hear croaky screams and I laugh weakly. "How about you come down here and fight me yourselves cowards!" I slur out of my mouth. I am still wobbling around from the impact of the blast.

I then hear five loud electric charges. I manage to take a few steps back before I am greeted with an intense amount of pain. I feel my entire body quake and I can not control any of my limbs. I have never felt this terrible before. I screech in pain and agony as I helplessly fall to the ground. I can not feel my body and I feel weak. I struggle to breathe and I grow tired. Their voices are the last sounds to fill my ears before I become unconscious.

I do not know how much time passes by but I soon awaken somewhere else.

I can not see and do not know where I am. The atmosphere is cold. I sit up and still feel a bit weak. There are cuffs on my hands. I lift them and I hear chains drizzle on the floor.