Episode 2: The New Worlds

I suddenly feel chills up my spine as I walk. The only inference I can make is I just walked through a wall. Soon everything sounds muffled and it is challenging for me to walk. I feel myself slowly lift into the air but I am immediately pulled back down by Russia. I float back down to his side and I feel the soft ground. We must be underwater.

"Are we actually under water?" I ask him. I feel Russia pat my arm, his way of nodding.

"How are we breathing underwater?!" I say in a loud panic. Russia than pulls me all the way down to the soft sand and quickly places a finger over my mouth to hush me.

I hear a large eerily presence swim above us and I can hear Russia's heart start to speed up. This can not be good.

We freeze for a moment crouched down in the sand, we are afraid to move because we know we can not be seen by that thing above us. I feel bad Russia can see the horrid creature. His fast paced heart rate is all I can hear. He is still holding my hand so I stroke my thumb back and forth on it in an attempt to soothe and calm him down. It partially works because eventually Russia's heart rate starts stabilizing.

The monstrous creature is further away from us but I hear its stomach growl from afar. I move more in to Russia.

"Russia..." I whisper into his ear. "We need to get out of here, I hear its stomach growling. It is searching for food and will be back." Russia takes my arm and starts signing onto it. He tells me "The golden string is gone."

"What?" I feel my heart drop into my stomach. "What are we supposed to do now?!" He touches my skin and tells me "Stay here, I will look for it." And with that he lets go of my hand and swims away.

"Russia!" I say with fear. "Please do not leave me here alone." However he does not return. I can no longer hear his heartbeat and my breath becomes shaky. In this new undersea world I am helpless. I can not fight an enemy I can not see. I start to miss my old gray square room. I should have never left.

I feel selfish for wanting to have been able to see again. If I had just accepted the fact I was blind and stayed in the room, everything would have been fine. I sit down in the sand and I drown in regret. There is nothing for me to do so I ponder. It is all I know how to do, and I am not entirely sure of what I am doing exactly but it is like a natural instinct; instilled in my head.

As I ponder and ponder I start to hear movement in the water. I then hear a fluttering little heartbeat. I recognize it instantly and I light up. It is Russia. He came back.

I then feel different movement in the water and I realize Russia's heartbeat isn't fluttering from swimming. It is beating rapidly because of fear.

He swims to me and snatches my hand. I am yanked away from the soft sand and he pulls me in a different direction. I hear his feet kicking fast under the water.

I feel the eerily presence return from behind us and I start to move my body to swim faster with Russia. I hear the monstrous creature roar and everything around us is vibrating.

Russia's heartbeat sounds fast like lightening and I realize I hear four other heartbeats. They are not mine and they are certainly not Russia's. That must mean the creature has four hearts- and I assure you it is not pregnant. For something with four hearts, it is not very compassionate.

I observe with my ears, the creature's heart beats were not synchronized and they thudded slowly. That either meant that it was not chasing us at full speed or that it has bad endurance and will soon have to stop.

I am interrupted from my thoughts as Russia flings me forwards. I spin around and around until I feel painful electric chills up my spine and face plant into the ground. I groan and know I am no longer underwater. I feel extremely weak but I manage to pick my head up and brush the wet dirt off of my face. I am soaking wet from the water. I no longer hear Russia's little heartbeat and I ascend into a panic.