Episode 12: Together As One

We held our positions; for it was a stalemate. No one made a move. Did either of us have the strength to kill the other? We look at each other and then at the string we split. We did not want this. Synchronized, we put a halt to our defenses. My red eye stops and my blast does not escape my chest; Russia lowers me back on the ground and loosens the grip on my neck and his dagger disappears.

"I am so sorry." I say on the verge of tears, "I do not want to fight you, I love you." I hug him and he hugs me back sobbing.

"I love you too, I am so sorry, I do not know what I was thinking- I am sorry for hurting you." he says between cries. I join in and we sink to the ground together.

Our powers were dangerous. They could make us into such monsters. I could not believe that I almost killed the person who meant all the worlds to me. I sit on his lap embracing him and he cuddles closely to me. The golden string embeds itself together again into one.

"I should not have taken my pain and frustration out on you. You do not deserve that." I tell him softly. He strokes the back of my head to reassure me that it is okay.

We hold each other as we sob; neither of us knew what the hell we were doing. We felt like two stupid kids. Too much was happening around us and to ourselves to handle. It was a lot to take in. We needed to heal and recover from the new trauma instilled in us. We have to get a better grip on reality if we want to survive.

Soon I feel Russia's hand no longer stroking the back of my head. I tilt my head and see he has fallen asleep holding me. I nuzzle my face into his chest and I find myself drifting off to sleep.

But I do not dream- I once again hear the echoing voices in complete darkness. The foggy repeating words of "You must go to the silver ponds of truths." all night long. It irritates me because I get it; I found the constant reminder annoying. Throughout the night, I tell it to go away. It goes on like this for awhile until I hear it switch up for a change.

"You must leave now to the silver ponds of truths- your escapes are known and they will do whatever it takes from having you find out the truth." My vision begins flashing red and the warning becomes more and more frequent. Its eerily tone puts me on edge and for once I feel as if I were dreaming- but it was a nightmare. I can hear my heartbeat thumping loudly and it hurts my ears. The voices were serious this time.

I shoot my eyes open and I find myself hyperventilating, sweating, and my heart beating a million miles per hour- and I was flying. Russia is clenched onto me, still fast asleep. I almost plunge into the ground but I catch myself and slowly float back down. I begin to take in the atmosphere in an attempt to calm myself down. The dawn awakens the planet. I had deemed the sunsets to be glorious but the sunrises were just as beautiful. Such mellowness in the air-

My gaze shifts upon the sleeping Russian. The glowing sun dances on his beautiful skin. I feel myself smiling at the sight of someone so adorable; I hug him. I then realized that the effects from the vile were wearing off. Not entirely gone, yet, better than compared to last night. I still wish we would've... oh never mind. I would've woken my knight but I have decided to let him sleep; after the hell I have been putting him through, he deserved rest. I could tell him of my nightmare later.

In the distance I see a small circular silver light followed by a pack of white circular lights approach us. For fuck's sake- more pixies! I wrap Russia more tightly in my arms and get ready to stand my ground.

The silver pixie looked different compared to the other pixies I have seen; she wore a long silver sparkly dress and was covered in jewels with no chains. She had five white eyes on her face; two stacked on her left, two stacked on her right, and one placed in the center of her forehead. Her hair was made out of pure white flower pedals. Behind her, were guards that looked like bulky dandelions.