Secrets

Total word count: 1159 words

Now playing: 'Angel or Devil' by TXT

==============================

Was he hiding something?

Our eye contact was broken, when the classroom was filled with students.

Ae-ra: hey, you should go sit with your friends.

Beomgyu: I am!

Ae-ra: your friends are over there!

I pointed my index towards the middle row, where his friends were talking about random stuff.

Beomgyu: you're also my friend!

Ae-ra: huh? But aren't friends supposed to be people close to you?

Beomgyu: not necessarily. Have you never had a friend? Pabo.

Ae-ra: mwo (what)

Ae-ra: I admit, I've never had friends, but that isn't a bad thing!

Beomgyu: how isn't it? Is being lonely, a good thing?

Ae-ra: it may be for some people!

We were bickering like an old couple, until he sighed and turned his tone into a sadder, more lighter one.

Beomgyu: Ae-ra... Don't lie to yourself. You know, you want friends. Yet, you never admit it.

Ae-ra: well, it's not up to me, it's up to others. If they wanted me as a friend, I wouldn't be so lonely. But I can't change other's mindsets, so might as well, think on the bright side?

Beomgyu: Ae-ra... From now on, you're not gonna be lonely.

Ae-ra: what do you mean?

Beomgyu: simple enough, I'm your friend from now on!

Ae-ra: jinjja? (Really?)

Beomgyu: ofcourse! You've been alone, enough! It's time to show you, how fun having friends actually is!

Ae-ra: but-

Beomgyu: shh

He laid one of his fingers on my lips, as my cheeks flushed a light tint of pink.

But, the moment was broken by the math teacher walking in. He quickly removed his finger, and averted his gaze towards the front.

Mrs. Park: Students! Please get your math textbooks out and write down the notes I tell you to.

Beomgyu: shoot!

Beomgyu lightly whispered, in the faintest voice possible. But if it wasn't for me sitting right next to him, I wouldn't even be able to catch it.

Ae-ra: what happened?

I whispered back, because I didn't want to attract any unwanted attention.

Beomgyu: I forgot my book

Ae-ra: it's okay, I'll share mine with you.

Beomgyu: really?

Ae-ra: yep!

I smiled, seeing his expression suddenly turn from a sad pout, to a happy grin.

An hour later

Finally, the lecture was over. And it was lunch break! I'm literally starving since I forgot to have breakfast. I can't wait to stuff my mouth with banana milk.

Beomgyu: hey um what class do we have now?

Ae-ra: oh none. It's recess!

Beomgyu: where is the cafeteria?