Arc 4. Charming Black Sheep Meets Secret Beauty Otaku (Levi x Reader) Chapter 8

Chapter 8: If I say we are fated then we are fated

Leviathan was in a bind.

If one had lived his entire life isolated from most of human society, then how should he react if one day, a handsome pervert arrived and stared at him?

Answer: You call the police, of course!

Ah, but Levi could not do that. The pervert in question had not done anything illegal per se, and if he did get the authorities involved, he would simply be the gross, overweight nerd who brought dishonor to an upperclassman.

Right now, that UR-ranked sadist of an upperclassman and his brocon sister were seated across from him in his favorite coffee shop hidden in the ... less than popular part of the city.

And at this moment, that stupidly gorgeous upperclassman was staring at him with a smirk that Levi wanted to smack right off.

"Why ... " Levi couldn't even bring himself to finish his question. It was a vacant day today and he escaped from his house that was currently being terrorized by his twin cousins to his beloved English-style coffee shop seated next to a humble but cute bookstore.

He averted one disaster by leaving the house (and away from the terror twins) but somehow fell into a pit populated by a beast that plays with its meals and an annoyingly clingy puppy.

The beast rested his cheek on his palm and spoke, "'Why are we here?'? Obviously, this is fate."

Levi wanted to haul the table upside down as he screamed in his heart: Fate, my butt! Are you a stalker? Why do we keep running into each other?

The beast chuckled, "First, we met at the mall. Next, you come to my grandfather's birthday party. And now, we run into each other in this tiny coffee shop that is far from a rich kid's usual hangout. If that's not fate then ... "

Levi had a bad feeling.

Your grin widened. "Then maybe you're stalking me?"

Levi almost puked out blood.

"W-w-what are you--"

"Well, like I said, if this right now is not fate then maybe you're stalking me. What was the saying, again?" You pretended to think, then you snapped your fingers in delight. "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, but three times is enemy action. Dumpling, you're so cute. But if you wanted my attention, stalking is not the right way--"

Maya, who was too busy reading a book that her big brother recommended, finally reacted, "What the heck? You're stalking my brother?" She had an expression that should be threatening, but with her soft features only made her appear like a pouting child.

You lifted out three fingers, and then a fourth. "Now that I think about it, there was also that time you would stare at me while hiding behind a door."*See chapter 4

She slammed both hands on the table and glared at Levi. "I don't blame you for falling for my brother, after all he's tall, he's handsome, he's good at sports, he's clever--"

Beads of sweat rolled down Levi's forehead. He held mixed feelings at this girl's ramblings: Woman, are you trying to threaten me or praise your brother?

"--he's perfect! But you can't go around stalking him for attention. I know the feeling of thinking you're not good enough for him, I know exactly how you feel--"

Levi: The hell are you talking about?

"--but you can't break the law, no matter how tempting it is! He already called you cute, is that not enough to satisfy you? You selfish thing, you can't be too greedy!"