Chapter 19

There was no light in the room, no windows. Only vampires would be able to see, no human would be able. Looking at the four woman I saw when I walked in I could tell only one was human. I felt slightly relieved that there wasn't more, but mentally beat myself up for it. The vampire woman should not be here either. No one deserved to be here because of me. 

Looking around to take my mind off of them, I saw the back of someone's brown hair, easily recognized to me as Trent. His back was to everyone as he seemed to be wiping something off of his face, but just by looking at his clothes almost drenched in the color red, and the smell coming off of him I could tell it was blood, but there was also the smell of spearmint that I found strangely addictive. 

This was the time for me to tell him I was here. That he could stop this madness. Right when I opened my mouth to scream at him to turn around I felt a piece of cloth wrapped around my mouth and a strong knot securing it in place behind my neck. I tried screaming through the material, but no sound was heard, I couldn't reach and take it off since my hands were still held behind my back. Not enough biting or head movements would even slightly move it from its place. 

This made me wonder how we had heard the scream before if these things were covering their mouths. 

The guard that let us go down to the basement was the one handing them out, and once the last girl had cloth around her mouth the guard spoke, "Everyone line up, first person at the front, last person at the back." 

I moved my feet to try and move to the first spot, but got pulled back fast, securing the last spot in line. No one needed to die here, if he saw me first he would forget about the other women here. I turned my head around to try and plead with the man to move further up, but he wouldn't look at me. He was facing the front where I could hear footsteps starting to go. Everyone was already positioned, so that only left one person. 

"Look at me now!" The sound of Trent's voice had me shudder. He wasn't talking to me, but I could feel the fear starting to come. I couldn't imagine how the girl in the front was feeling, but by the way she was shaking more than before I could tell it wasn't good. 

The girl looked up at him, and as she did he reached around her head and untied the knot. The cloth didn't have time to touch the ground before his hands were wrapped around her neck and a loud snapping could be heard. 

The cloth finally hit the ground as a sinister smile took up his face. 

"Next!" He bellowed. The next girl was placed in front of him. He did the same thing as before and took off the girl's cloth. This time giving the girl enough time to scream as he pulled out her heart and threw it across the room. Her body landing in a lump of skin and bones on the ground. 

Now I know how I heard the scream before. 

I wanted to look away, but seeing the next person ready to meet her fate made me continue to stare. The human girl looked straight up at him; she didn't need to be told. On the outside she put on a brave act, but the way her fingers seemed to be moving at a quick pace behind her back, told the opposite. 

"So, we have a brave one here." He exclaimed, chuckling under his breath. "So anything you would like to say to me?" He was just begging to be entertained. 

"I hope you never find her, I bet she's already dead." The cloth already being on the ground, her voice being heard loud and clear. No one spoke; Trent's eyes got a darker shade of red, if that was possible. In one motion his teeth were on her neck, and then in one move his teeth were still on her neck, just not connected to her body. 

I wanted to scream for the human girl's horrible death, but at the same time I wanted to run up to Trent and tell him that I was alive, that I was right here. And again no words escaped my mouth.