Chapter 10

Did I hear her correctly? Did she say Lucas? And if she did was it the Lucas that I knew? There are tons of people named Lucas in the world. She could be talking about anyone.  

"You said his name is Lucas?" I asked, wanting to hear a clarification. 

She gave me as strange look but nodded her head anyways. "Yea...Do you know him?"  

Did I really know him? We had only met for a day, and yet that had to be the day that I got into this mess. And was there a way to guarantee that we are talking about the same person? I could ask her what his hair color and eye color was, but anyone could have the name Lucas and the same physical appearance. I started to think of things and two questions stood out the most. 

"Did he have a sister named Daisy?" 

Her eyebrows shot up surprised as she stated at me, giving me the indication that he did have a sister with that name. Once her eyebrows seemed to lower they scrunched together in confusion. 

"You said he 'did' have a sister that was named Daisy. Don't you mean he does have a sister named Daisy?" 

So maybe we are thinking about two different people? 

"No." I had to blink a couple times trying to hold the memory back of him and his sister's screams of pain, but it didn't seem to help. "Lucas and his sister both died." 

"You must be talking about the wrong person then. Or not the person I'm thinking of, because the Lucas I know is alive and living. In one more years I'm going back to visiting him, and he is still going to be living with his sister, mother, and father in their small farm house," She replied. 

She wasn't positive that what she said was true by the way she seemed to be fluffing up the pillows behind her head every few seconds. And what was she talking about visiting him in three years? Was she on a trip and then got captured? But that couldn't be right because then how would Trent hate her so much for going on a family trip? She did something bad to get in this place. But it's not just her; her family too. But she has to be the worse out of all of them. 

"Why do you have to visit him in one more year? Why can't you just visit him whenever you want?" This was really strange. 

We might not still be talking about the same person, but only seeing someone in a year, not whenever you wanted too was making me not understand why? Did he live too far away? She might not be able to visit him now, but before she was captured she could easily get an airplane ticket and go wherever she wanted too. 

"Things are complicated right now. If you met the Lucas I am talking about he would have told you everything," She explained, while emphasizing the last word. "And that's why we are not talking about the same person."  

"What do you mean by everything?" I was getting more intrigued that I started to scoot more towards the middle of the bed and sat cross legged in front of Jen. 

"When you met this person named Lucas did he tell you anything at all?" I thought of things he told me, but she cut threw my thoughts by giving me a clue to know what kind of information she wanted to get from me. "Maybe some type of cause he was a part of?" 

Then it clicked, just hearing the word "cause" made me know exactly what she was talking about. 

"The saving humans cause," I stated. 

Jen leaned farther away from me and asked, "Well, we didn't have a name for it yet. And that doesn't mean you actually met him, the person you're talking about could have just over heard him talk about it and-" 

I shook my head at her. I already realized that we are talking about the same person. I don't think anyone could have that many similarities. She just wasn't seeing it because she most likely wanted to believe that Lucas was still alive. But what I still didn't understand was why Lucas never mentioned a girl named Jen? To cut off Jen's rambling of excuses I asked the second question that would make her come to her senses.