Chapter 22

Song= Hold Me Down: Halsey (She is amazing)

"I have brought you your food," the replacement maid said.

I had been locked down in the basement for a week now, the only way I could tell how long I was down here was because of the light bulb. When it was night time it would turn off and during the day it would stay on. Trent came down at least 5 times a day claiming that he just wanted to see how well I was doing, but all he really wanted to do was to get some kind of information out of me. He figured out that it had something to do with Jen and he wasn't going to stop pestering me about it, till I told him something.

She shakily walked towards me and placed the tray carefully in front of me before bolting out the door. I didn't need to hear the click of the door to know she locked it. I already knew she was afraid of me, she never wanted to look me directly in the eyes, almost afraid that I might turn her into stone if she did. After all, she was human-the replacement for Jen.

I looked down at the glass of blood, the stack of pancakes, and bacon. I chugged down the blood and pushed the tray to the far side of the room. I wasn't hungry, or I just liked to piss off Trent. I would eat it later.

He should be coming down shortly. He always came down 20 minutes after the maid left. I had to count a lot of seconds to reach that time.

In the mean time I closed my eyes and pictured laying outside, I so badly wanted to run out of the cell and take off into the trees.

"Well someone is smiling."

I sat up fast, almost bumping my head with Trent's.

"It's gone now," I said.

He stopped smiling with me and sat beside me looking to the side of the room where my tray of food sat. "You have to start eating more." He took my hand into his and rubbed his thumb on the top. He completely ignored the hissing noises coming out of my mouth. I didn't want to pull back because I knew I wasn't strong enough-he was back to being stronger than me, and I would just hurt my wrist more in the process. There was already enough burn marks.

I nodded my head to his question as he brought me into his lap, being careful that he didn't touch the chains. The chains wouldn't burn him, like it did me. It was more of a bee sting for him, and go away afterwards. He would need a stronger dose of the ancient wood and silver to hurt him, and that amount would kill me.

He didn't like to touch the chains anyways, but "accidentally" smacking him in the face with them was worth my pain just for his facial reaction. A quick whip of my wrist and; slap.

His face scrunched up as he pushed me off of him, and held the slapped side of his face with his hand. I couldn't stop laughing as he someone how turned into a teddy bear that didn't get to go to a tea party, instead of reality where he is a prince who likes to lock people in his basement.

"I love your laugh." I stopped laughing; the funny moment was now over.

Topic change. "You were telling me a while ago how you didn't choose to be the way you are. So how did it happen? You never told me the whole story." It was a slim chance that he would actually tell me, but the question has been eating me alive, and I just wanted to find a good time to ask, which was now.

"I'll tell you if you sit back on my lap." He paused for a second. "And don't hit me with the chains."

I sighed as I sat on his lap, letting a puff of air out of my mouth. "I kept my part of the deal. You keep yours."

"It started when my parents went out for their anniversary dinner. I recently came home for my 21st birthday, and we all went out together. I still remember it like it was yesterday. They would constantly make drunken jokes, even though I wasn't drunk...yet. Then after that I don't remember much except one man that would constantly look at my mom with hungry eyes. I remember thinking that I was too drunk, that the man's eyes couldn't possibly be red." His eyes closed. "How wrong was I?"