Chapter 23

I GOT AN INSTAGRAM: INSPIRED2FLY

Song= Love Song, Drug Song: x Ambassadors

I told the man I wasn't a part of Jen's plan anymore, and he wasn't happy.

"You need to be, that's the only way to get rid of the prince," he stated.

"Don't say that! Someone could hear you."

I took glance at the door waiting for someone to barge in. If they saw this man in here they would definitely kill him. He was wearing mostly black with a few dark blue hints in his clothing. His hair a bright red, eyes black, and a lip ring. He looked like someone that would do no good, and I didn't miss the knife in his pocket.

If they killed him there would be no other way for me to understand what was happening with Jen. I needed a messenger to continue to communicate with her, and if I knew what she was planning I could try and stop it.

He chuckled. "I love that you are looking out for me and everything, but the walls are sound proof, remember?" He tapped me on the nose with his finger and finally took a step away from my breathing space. "Jen did say you were a cute little thing, but not as dumb; although she was right about you being a huge help to the cause."

"What if I don't want to, there is other ways to get rid of a problem besides just killing."

He froze, his playful smirk removed from his face. "Are you sure there are other ways? I mean, your parents died by the hands of a vampire. Jen's parents died that way, and surprise surprise...mine did too. So when those vampires looked at a non threatening problem did they think twice? Such as a family just eating dinner, or one stuck in a cage completely harmless, or possibly a son just wishing their dad a happy birthday, but watching him not be able to blow out the last candle as fangs were dug deep in his throat!"

He knew about how my parents died, how Jens died, and lastly he said a glimpse of what his parents death was like, I wanted to ask how he knew so much, but decided against it. He was breathing heavy, his eyes turning a deep red. Hopefully to keep him calm I shook my head side to side at his question.

"Exactly! And that makes our decision ten times easier. We have a reason to kill."

"You are a vampire now, and I'm guessing you didn't want to be, but you are. Just like what happened to the prince. He didn't want to be the way he is now, but he is making the best of it. You should too, don't kill someone that wasn't a part of that death. Search for the people that actually killed them."

"Let's say a kid pulled a trigger and killed another kid. It's the kid's fault that he shot the other kid, but the person that is to blame is the person that gave them the gun. So that one vampire killed my parents, but he's not to blame. It's the person that gave him the Fangs, starting at the very beginning; the prince."

I wanted to scream at him that it could have been Kally, but Trent wanted to protect her. So I would too.

He looked down at an imaginary watch on his wrist. "Now I don't mean to be rude, but I must go now. I have some important news to tell Jen about how someone doesn't want to follow directions."

I got in some last words. "She will understand once things start to get better."

I was startled by the corners of his lips tugging upwards and him shaking his head. "You don't know Jen at all, do you?"

"I-"

"And one more thing, no one can know I was here." He opened the door, looked both ways, and left.

And that's when I realized...I never got his name.

*

The door started to twist open, thinking it was Trent I pushed myself off the floor preparing to finally ask him about Jen, or what he knew about her, because once the mysterious man left I started thinking about how I didn't know that much about the present Jen. I knew all about the past one, about her parents, and her love for Lucas, but I didn't know anything besides her hating vampires.

So what made me think that she would understand my decision to not kill them?

Finn walked through the door.

Not who I wanted to see.

I waited for him to say something, but when he didn't I asked, "And you are down here because..." I left an open question.

"He has gone soft since he met you."

Not what I expected.

"Is that why you are down here? To tell me all about Trent?" I questioned. Why would he do that?

"Nope, I just wanted you to know. He's already having meetings to talk about a blood bank ran by humans. He's not saying how he got the idea, but I know it was you."

This sparked an interest; he was proceeding with my idea. Jen can actually see things can get better.

"I also came down here to ask you some questions, or more like one. "Have you seen Jen after she left?"

My body became rigid. Did he see the other man exit? Had the man talked to Finn about Jen? Why would he-I stopped. Jen was his beloved; he wanted to learn about his beloved. Was he still searching for her?

It would be suspicious if I saw Jen after I was presumably kidnapped. So I shook my head. "I have not seen her. Are you still searching for her?" I hope he couldn't hear the lie in my words, but his facial expression didn't change, Just staring at the wall behind me.

"I look for her every day. No signs of her, I smelled the scent of her blood sometimes nears a tree, but other than that I have nothing."

I gulped. That tree must be the entrance to the saving humans cause. He was extremely close to finding her. He could have seen me leave the tree when I left, but I guess I got lucky he must have not been searching that day.

I told another lie. "You will find her."

If Jen didn't want to be found she wasn't going to be found she wasn't going to be, and I felt bad for Finn. He got to find his beloved, and she wants nothing to do with him. Which I understand since she despised vampires, but there must be something else.

She wanted to kill vampires, but she wanted to start with Trent. She wanted to start at the top, just like killing the president, but there is always a vice president to take their spot. Like Kally would take Trents spot. There was another reason for killing Trent first, because I thought it was because everything under him would crumble, but it wouldn't. They had a back up. She was keeping another secret from me.

But she also was keeping it from that man I was talking to earlier, because he also thought that killing the top person would make everything better, but it wouldn't.

Jen was keeping a lot of secrets. So when the man said I didn't know much about Jen, he should have also reflected that onto himself.

"Thanks. I think that's what I needed to hear." Than Finn did something unexpected, he hugged me. "You will be a great queen."

That one word got me out of my day dream state. I would be queen; I was not ready for that.

Finn left shortly after, night time came fast since the light bulb turned off, and I woke up still flustered by that one word. The maid came in as usual with her tray of food, and for once actually smiled at me, no longer afraid of me.

The chains rustled around me as I walked back and forth, that one word echoing in my head, I wanted to hit my head on a wall to just let it escape.

For some reason that one word triggered something in my brain. Everything became so much more real, I was going to marry Trent some day, and he was going to be my husband. Jen wanted to kill my husband; she wanted me to kill my husband.

Why would she want to do that so bad?

Something wasn't right; I was missing so many pieces about who Jen was. I just needed to get more pieces.

One, by asking Trent how she got herself and her family thrown in jail, and two, asking the person who wanted to kill in the first place; Jen.

So that night I went to sleep just so I could wake up earlier tomorrow to stare at the door, waiting for someone to release me of my chains, and someone else to answer my questions, because my questions are going to be answered.

I wasn't going to be in the dark no more.

Only a couple more chapters left!

The more you vote the faster I post.