Chapter 6

I felt pleasure run down my body as his fangs sunk deeper and deeper. His teeth must have broken through every layer they could until they reached the core. I've never felt any other vampire's teeth sink that far down before, and I have never felt this way either. I found myself wrapping my hands around his neck and moving my hands up and down his arms. I felt his muscles as they tensed when his grip tightened on my waist. Then with a tug he pulled me even closer so that there wasn't even a piece of paper that could slip between us.  

When my brain started to get the tiniest bit fuzzy, I stopped moving my hands and just wrapped them around his neck, just in case I lost my balance and fell. I have the tendency to black out if so much blood empties my body. He must have realized my energy draining because he pulled his teeth out of my neck. 

I was disappointed when the feeling of bliss was gone and that I just wanted for it to come back. Usually when vampires drank my blood there was just excruciating pain and all I wanted to do was scream out for someone to help. Your life would feel like it was draining away slowly and taking all your energy with it. Over the years I learned to bite my lip when I felt the fangs sink in, telling myself that it would be over soon and I'd just fall into complete darkness and wake up again in that "blood-bag" truck, and pretend it was all a dream. There was nothing I could do to stop it anyways; I was never strong enough to push the creatures away from me. But with Trent it was completely different; I didn't want him to stop. 

I felt him lick my neck lapping up the blood that must have came out when his teeth did. My eyes rolled back at the sensation and moaned. I blushed when the sound came out of my mouth and kept my head down in embarrassment. 

He chuckled as he leaned in and said huskily in my ear, "Don't hide your face from me." He lifted my chin up so our eyes connected. "Good now Chloe can you hand me your wrist." I stared at his mesmerizing eyes as I lifted my hand up from my sides without thinking; I dropped them there when he pulled away. 

I didn't think much of it when he started to kiss my pulse gently. My brain was still hazy. Then without a warning he plunged his fangs in and held his head there for a couple seconds. He moaned quietly before pulling out. I felt his tongue slide over the area before looking up at me. I finally decided to glance at him wondering why he did that, but when my eyes met his I froze in my spot shaking in fear as he looked exactly like that woman I saw when my parents died. The same vibrant red eyes and blood leaving from the corner of his mouth, but instead of my parents blood-it was mine. 

What have I done? 

He stared at me with those eyes that only made me want to break out in tears. Why had I let him drink my blood? I am so stupid! I took a step back. What I really wanted to do was turn around and sprint out the door, but knew that would only set him off. I felt like one wrong move would be my death, but somehow deep down I knew he would never hurt me. His eyes were still the same red as the lady's, but his didn't hold that determined look to kill. They almost had a happy glint to them. I shook my head; I was probably just looking past it. 

Why had I felt so good when most of my blood left my body? It was as if someone swung a pendulum in my face sending me into a trance, and then when the swinging stopped I was aware of everything around me, even the compromising position of us standing so close. Why hadn't I pushed him away?  

"What's wrong?" He examined me up and down to see if I was hurt. When they would land on my neck or wrist he would give me a triumphant smile. He took a huge step forward already covering the space that I tried to make between us. "You don't seem to be hurt." 

He rubbed soothing circles on my wrist. I looked down and saw he was holding my hand as he did so. When did he grab my hand? I just looked down at our in locked fingers until I snapped out of it and jerked my hand away. I could tell he didn't expect it because he let go a little too easily, I would think he was stronger.