Chapter 4

This took forever to write... I hope you enjoy :D

-----------------------------------------

After our talk he tried to ask me what my name was, but I went back to not talking. He also tried to grab my hand but I pulled away. He was getting more frustrated by my actions towards him, but I could tell he was trying to hide it. I was getting worried that he would start screaming in my face about disrespecting him, but nothing happend. He took a breath in then let it out. I knew then I had more to worry about then just hand holding, his anger.

He led me up the stairs and would glance back every couple of seconds to make sure I was following. Not that I had a choice. There was a guard following us from behind so I wouldn't try to run again. Even though I wouldn't try now that there was a slim chance of getting out of it harmed. And an even slimmer chance of even reaching the front door. I slumped my shoulders in disappointment and continued on to the top floor. 

In this castle there seemed to only be only two floors- though I'm sure there was also a basement or a chamber, but I just haven't seen it yet. I heard stories about the horrible things that happened down there and that there were no windows and that chains and sharp objects hung from every wall. I'm not sure if it is true since I only heard it from kids Greg picked up, but I couldn't help but be curious. There had to be someone that delivered food to those people in the down under, even if it wasn't that often. Those people probably told other people and the word spread.  

The floor that I was just at, I got told had a large kitchen and huge walk in refrigerator filled with blood and a little bit of human blood to settle the palace people needs. Also, that there is a place where they hold a flat screen TV to watch movies on. Mostly that floor was just a place for people to hang out. 

The top floor was more of a bunch of halls with doors on every side to enter bedrooms. Only the most royal vampires' stayed in the palace, while the rest just roamed the streets-trying to find abandoned homes to stay in. And I also learned that vampires could walk in the day without burning, but they chose not to. I didn't learn that from Trent, I learned it from a book I loved as a kid. 

The book talked all about the vampire heritage and about how people think they took over, but no one really knows why. It also talked about their past. So that why I didn't believe him about being soul mates and was sure if there was something about that it would be in the book, but because it didn't say anything about beloveds, I was sure he was lying. Until he described it to me, and I realized that all the reasons how you know you found your beloved was how I felt for him, I couldn't deny that it might be true. Maybe, the book left some things out? I am still not sure and that's what's making me so on edge. 

I remember my mom always tried to take the book from me saying It wasn't healthy to love to learn about such disgusting creatures, but I always found them fascinating. 

"We are at your room now," Trent gave me a smile, and then nodded to the guy behind me to leave. 

We were now by ourselves. 

I started to fiddle with my fingers to try and get the nervous feeling I had when it was just him and I. I knew that the guard left, but I also knew that he was still close and that there was still no way to run. So the only option to get out of this situation was to go straight through the doors in front of me.  

I pushed my way past Trent's body and quickly grabbing hold of the doorknob twisting it and pushing them open. 

The room was really dark until the flick of a switch and the lights turned on. The color of maroon was painted the walls surrounding us, even I saw a slight peak into the bathroom connecting onto the bedroom- and it was maroon too. In the middle sat a king sized bed with what looked like silk white sheets. Everything in the room looked Grand, just like the entrance downstairs. The smell of this room though proved that I wasn't the only going to be sleeping here.