Chapter 7

I heard the clicking of shoes come near me, but I didn't look up. 

"Please Chloe, say something. I promise Trent isn't with me," Kally's voice rang throughout the room. 

I didn't say anything. 

"I talked to him, he is just angry at the moment. He thought you were going to leave him, he didn't mean to hurt you." She tried to explain. 

I responded with silence. 

"Trent is downstairs, I told him not to follow me. He feels bad about what he did. I know he would appreciate if you went back downstairs to talk to him..." She suggested. 

That comment made me lift up my head up off my knees and stare at her like she was crazy. She was basically telling me to walk back into a lion's den. Promising me that I wasn't going to get hurt this time, and blaming the reason I was injured the first time was because I made him angry, in a weird sense I made the lion angry. What if I made another bad move? Or said something out of line? What if I was too far gone to tell him he was hurting me?  

My body started to shake just thinking about it, and my mouth would let out silent sobs. I was never going to leave. 

Kally just continued to talk. "See you miss him already too. I think it would be good for both you and Trent if I took you downs-" 

"No!" I spoke up. "I don't want to see him, ever!" 

Her face looked shocked, but she quickly went back to her composed self. "You don't mean that." 

"Yes, I do! You want to take me back to the source that hurt me in the first place, and you are telling me that it will be good for the both of us! I think what you really mean is it will be good for him; do you really want him to harm me again?" They are brother and sister after all; they could want the same thing. 

"Beloveds don't hurt each other!" Kally yelled back, clearly trying to make me understand, but I just couldn't. I couldn't when all the facts point in the opposite direction of what she was saying. 

"Stop telling me that! I know it's not true!" My eyes started to tear up again. "Look at my shoulders and then tell me that beloveds don't hurt each other, because I don't know what you clarify 'being hurt' is, but these bluish marks on my skin- to me- show that I've been hurt." 

She cringed and looked away; she wasn't brave enough to say it. She just turned her head in the other direction. "That was just a slight misunderstanding. I know that Drew wouldn't do that to me on purpose." 

"Exactly, Drew wouldn't do that to you, but Trent did it to me. It's all because you chose who you wanted to be with! I don't! Trent doesn't feel that way about me because he was forced to be with me, by some unknown spirit, or whatever does all the matchmaking for vampires. We don't know each other that well. I'm not as important to him as Drew it to you, you love one another because of who they are. The only reason I like Trent is this stupid tug of my heart, and I know it's not me." 

"Chloe, you are not getting it. Your bond with Trent is stronger than the one I have with Drew. You are specially picked for each other. I'm sure with time that you-" 

I dropped my head down between my legs and put my hands in front of my face, showing her that I wanted the talking to stop. I was actually surprised when it worked that I lifted my head back up.  

Kally wasn't looking at my face now, but the pulse on my hand. "He marked you already? Trent didn't tell me he marked you... That's why he must have got more worked up then he usually is," she mumbled to herself.