Where Were You?

***

Third Person P.O.V

The sisters sat in Vera's apartment at her kitchen counter eating a box of Mac and Cheese because that's all she had the blonde was a bit disappointed at finding no hot sauce to stir in. After their fight and the shocking news, Vera picked her sister up from the floor and led her into the apartment with little things that screamed Vera with very clean spots with also things scattered on the floor just like her childhood bedroom used to be. 

Only clean where she wanted it. Other than that it was very bland with no pops of colour that didn't correspond with the person living in it. Vera searched for a bottle of siracha drizzling it over the pasta.

"I can't believe you didn't know," Yelena said with a large spoonful of the cheesy pasta. 

"Well, I only got back a few weeks ago, I was somewhere else," Vera said taking another spoon full into her mouth. 

"Where were you?" 

"Mardipoor, not that important just trying to kill an art thief and ran into an old friend on the way" She briefly explained waving it off and not sharing anymore.

"But before that?" She interrogated further making Vera sigh.

"...I was still in the red room when the snap-"

"Blip you mean"

"Oh, who cares Yelena!" She said sharply not wanting to be interrupted as Yelena was smiling because she missed her sister's pettiness at wanting to speak just like when they were young.

"Anyway, I was still in the last 'red room' when the blip..." She said as Yelena nodded in approval at using the correct terminology "happened... and I found Natasha I asked her for help she didn't want to see my face after I paid her a visit, one of her friends gave me this apartment and that's it".  

It was all Vera told not bothering to explain the fight or where she went because she would immediately take Nat's side and defend the deceased sister. And the brunette just wanted to talk to her sister without mentioning Natasha.

"So why do you need my help" She sighed and Yelena frowned.

"What makes you think I need your help?" She asked sassily making the older girl laugh loudly.  

"Yelena for the past 9 years minus the blip so 4 years you have not once tried to find or contact me" She stated it was obvious Yelena did not pick up on the sadness and hurt in her sister's tone or eyes.

"...Okay I do need your help-" Vera slammed the counter and cracked up laughing pointing to Yelena.  

"See I knew it I'm way smarter than you think" 

"Anyway, Clint Barton killed her and was wondering if you wanted to help" She responded seriously making her sister stop laughing "Well I'll kill him because I want to, and I need you to keep his new sidekick out of the way, as well as take some note's on them" She pulls out a photo of the man chucking it to Vera, there was a photo taken by a news outlet of him ushering this masked girl away from the beaten gang.

"Why? Can't take two at the same time" She smirked at her little sister throwing the photo back at her "Nah it's okay I got a few bones to pick with Barton".

"I can but just don't want to" Yelena tried to reason as she threw her legs up on the counter and put her hands behind her head, but Vera knew that wasn't the proper reason for coming here but decided she didn't care she was happy to see her sister.

"Okay" She walked around the counter knocking off Yelena's legs as she went to her room to suit up properly.

"Bitch" The blonde mumbled looking around the apartment and seeing many plans and papers on her coffee table, she walked over to get a closer look.

There were maps of the red rooms, the safe house in Budapest, and the Avengers tower Yelena noticed that every spot that was marked was somewhere Herself or Nat were at some point in time. Was Vera looking for them the whole time and knowing that Vera was in the red room for another two years before she finally escaped almost made the younger girl cry?

She knew that Vera always saw her and Natasha as her actual sister just like Yelena did. Vera was always there for her when Natasha was too busy with Melina or Alexii. And this whole time she was trying to find her when Yelena was only thinking about Nat and not remembering she had another sister that was more vulnerable than either of them.

When on the mission of taking down the red room Yelena so desperately wanted to find Vera and break her out of the spell then the whole family could be reunited. Because when they all sat down at the table one spot was empty no one else noticed besides the blonde.

"I'm so sorry I never looked for you"

Word Count: 851