Flashback: The Blip

***

Third Person P.O.V

Vera was training for her next mission with Nick and many more men watching over her when suddenly she heard them collapse. The 21-year-old turned to see them on the floor slowly disappearing in little flakes she only stared confused until they were fully gone.

She was left shocked, could she finally escape was it now what she had been waiting for? After a long time stuck in the same few rooms she could leave and be free of their control and power could she finally go and find her partner who just disappeared from her?

The men's keycards were all left discarded. She snatched each one "Better safe than sorry" She mumbled to herself rushing to the door. It opened with a ding before Vera left her training room, she brushed her fingers over her hair making sure a very important butterfly clip was there.

She had yet to walk into anyone, the whole facility was eerily quiet as she walked past Yelena's old room and the studio. She climbed the stairs and was met with a very confused and scared man.

Vera got into a fighting stance ready to fight her way out if she needed to, but the guard whimpered in fear covering his face pleading she didn't harm him "Please, please I just want to see if my family are still alive" He chokes tears streaming down his face.

"What happened?" The assassin asked walking over to him trying to look friendly.

"Half the population is gone, I just want to see if my family is still here, but I don't know how to get out" He looked around the facility frightened.

"Hey! Listen, we'll get out together okay" Vera grabbed his shoulders calming him down.

She took the lead as he followed closely behind not wanting to get lost again. Vera observed him and he appeared to be no older than herself, they eventually found their way out of the prison.

"See it wasn't so bad" She reassured, and he quickly gave her a thankful hug until they realized their surroundings. It was the middle of winter somewhere in Russia was all Vera could tell from the atmosphere around her.

"L-look p-plane" The man pointed over to a small airport if you could call one long strip and two planes an airport "Come on" She grabbed his hand and ran towards the vehicle desperately wanting to get out of the cold.

She pushed him in first since he was only wearing jeans and a shirt and Vera was not much better. Wearing a thin cropped long-sleeved shirt and cargo pants with her infamous boots.

The girl slammed the door shut keeping out the cold and started to search for the keys. She looked up to see the boy holding them up and turning on the engine, pushing buttons and levers to pull the aircraft out of the shed and on the runway.