Chapter 3: Wet Sheets

Pond is in his room, staring at the wall, stringing his acoustic guitar without thinking much. Actually, he's thinking a lot about what Phuwin said at the TV station earlier, but he's trying not to think about it.

– Lost in thoughts? – Ohm shows up at his door, making him stop the guitar. – What happened earlier when I was having a shower? You didn't say a word on the way back. – Pond denies, not saying anything. – C'mon, I know you better than that.

– Nothing happened. For real.

– Maybe that's the problem? – Ohm says and Pond looks at him, kinda sad. – This fake dating hasn't even started and you're already with this look on your face.

– Which look?

– This stray-dog-look. – Ohm messes up his hair, letting out a sigh. – You know, maybe it's just our fate to be miserable for love. – Pond raises an eyebrow, looking at him.

– No, don't include me in this self-pity speech. It's ridiculous. – He rolls his eyes. – Just spill it out and cut all the bullsh*t.

– You're so cold-hearted. – Ohm says, punching him lightly.

– And you're so dramatic. I don't need the drama, there's already a lot going on. – Pond says, passing his fingers through his hair.

– It's just.. hard for me to understand. Why is it so hard to have a normal relationship? I mean, the theory is so easy: two people like each other, get together, happy ending. It's not complicated. – He says, kinda dissatisfied. – Then why the f*ck is so complicated to be with someone?

– I wish I could have this answer but you know I don't. – Pond says, looking at the door, afraid that Phuwin could come any minute. – For me, there's so much at risk. From this band to our friendship, I don't wanna ruin anything. Honestly, I would rather never tell Phuwin I like him. It's easier like this for me.

– Aren't you afraid? Don't you think you'll regret being in the "What If?" stage, someday? – Ohm asks with a worried look.

– I guess I will regret more if I mess it up. – He answers, making Ohm sigh again. – What about you?

– I don't know. Sometimes I think he likes me, sometimes I think he doesn't like me at all. It's so confusing and frustrating. I just want to run away from my feelings. – He says and Pond knows exactly how he feels. – Maybe I should do it.

– Run away? Please don't, it will be a chaos to replace you. – Pond jokes and Ohm rolls his eyes.

– Just run, you idiot. I will take a stroll through the apartment complex and sweat the worries away. Wanna come?

– Are you already missing your old room and roommate? – Phuwin arrives at the door, looking at both boys inside.

– Inviting Pond for a night jog. You can come too.

– No, thanks. I prefer to read my book and sleep but thank you. – He answers, walking to his bed with a huge water bottle in his hands. Always hydrated.

– Yeah, I will pass. But let me know if it works. – Pond says and Ohm gets out of their room, closing the door right after him. – Have you heard the conversation?

– Not really, but I bet he was talking about Nanon. – Phuwin says, organizing his bed. – I don't understand them.

– I guess they also don't understand each other. – He answers, stringing his guitar lightly again.

– People in love are hard to understand.

– You should write this and use it in a song. – Pond says, laughing and Phu just looks at him. He sits on his bed and takes a notebook from the drawer, doing exactly what the older one said. – You really noted down?