Chapter 5: this is what falling in love feels like

Phuwin enters the room, breathless.

What the f*ck was that? Pond was about to kiss him? I mean, they were about to kiss each other. He unbuttons a few buttons trying to breathe slowly, but he can't. He just can't believe that they were really about to kiss each other and Pond was okay with that. It makes no sense at all!

– Is everything okay? – War's voice makes Phuwin jumps, startled. – Calm down, I'm not a ghost. You look disturbed. Something happened downstairs?

– No! No, nothing happened. Everything is fine. Yeah. – He answers and War knows it's a lie, but he tries to respect his friends' space as much as he can. Phuwin seems to need it.

– Okay... Tell me immediately if there's something wrong. I'll go to sleep. – He says and Phuwin nods, trying not to be weirder than he's acting already. He hears Pond arriving at the apartment and his heart starts to beat faster. He can't run away from him, they sleep in the same room! – Phu?

– Yeah? – Oh, right. War is still there.

– Good night?

– Good night! – He answers, trying to smile and Pond arrives at the room's door.

– Everything okay? – War asks again, this time to Pond, who nods simply. – Okay. Good night to you.

– Good night. – Pond answers and looks at Phuwin before entering the room. Both of them are nervous and it's not that difficult to see. They were inches from kissing each other less than ten minutes ago, it's obvious that it would be awkward now. – I... I will take a shower. – He says, getting some clothes, trying to just run away from the confrontation. Phuwin holding his wrist was the thing that made him stop.

– Naravit... I need to ask you something. – He couldn't just let it go. It's not that easy. Phuwin knows he should pretend nothing happened, that everything was just for the show, but he can't. If he doesn't clarify all this, he won't be able to sleep and that scene will be hunting him forever. He just needs to be sure that there's nothing going on here and go back to his platonic feelings.

– Yes? – Pond says, extremely anxious and ridiculously afraid of the next step. He won't be able to deny his feelings, he can't say that nothing happened downstairs. There's no way back if Phuwin confronts it and that's why he was trying to just run away and hope, pray, wish desperately that he just let it go.

But it doesn't seem he will do it, for his despair.

– Were you really about to kiss me? – He asks, openly, no hesitation, making Pond freak out inside. – I mean, when I asked you gave me a vague answer, so I... – Phu is biting his lower lip again, obviously as nervous as him.

Damn it, how could he deny it?

– Yes, why? – Yes, act cool. That's a great exit. He doesn't need to know that you're freaking the hell out. You just have to keep the poker face.

– Why?... – Phuwin looks at him, completely confused. – Are you serious? Are you being obnoxious on purpose? Because that's not funny, Pond. I'm serious.

– Calm down, Phu. Take it easy. Why are you mad?

– Because that would be a terrible joke. It's not funny at all to play with someone's feelings. – It was at this moment Phuwin knew. He f*cked up.

– Feelings? – Pond asks, putting his things on the bed. – What do you mean?

– Nothing. I... I mean nothing.

– Phuwin, you're stuttering. What do you mean with feelings? – He says, taking another step forward. – Phuwin, do you... Do you have feelings for me? – That's it. That's the most feared question for both of them. Any answer now will be terrifying for both of them, but Phu is determined to solve this, once for all.