Chapter 18

"Why is this happening ..." I cried to myself, feeling nauseous, fatigue, I was cold yet I could feel a drop of sweat running down my forehead. A hot kind of pain in my chest area was intense, as if ...

I opened my eyes, blinking a few times since the darkness of the room hid everything from my sight. However, when my eyes got used to the dark, I shockingly realised that the handle of the knife was still peaking out of my body. Automatically I pulled the blade out, loudly groaning as the pain got even more intense - soon my breathing got fast and shallow, my eyes and my face were wet from tears and sweat.

I laid there for what seemed like hours, maybe even days. Feeling nothing but unbearable pain. I lost consciousness many times but no matter the blood loss, no matter the fact that I couldn't even move my fingers since I was so weak - I didn't die. I wanted it to be over but it was all like a never ending nightmare.

When a cracking sound filled my ears, my brain slowly processed that it was probably a sound of someone opening the door of whatever place I was at. I was too weak to open my eyelids and neither I could say a word. All I could do was lay there - emotionally and physically drained.

We could say I felt like dying all over again but was unable to actually get to the final destination. The worst kind of torture.

Someone roughly grabbed my forearm and dragged me after them as if I was a bag of trash and not a human being. Yet I couldn't stop them, say something or even try to resist. They could do to me whatever they wanted - as if I was their puppet.

"Subject 11 is ready. The White Lady project can continue with an injection and ..."

"What about the results? Reports on missions?"

"Two bodies have been found, showing indication that the Subject 11 has done the job as she was told. The signature we assigned her to check the credibility were cut out eyes which she successfully accomplished. She passed the strength test. However, we are having trouble to erase her memories for a longer period of time."

"We can work on that. Is she awake?"

"Probably. However not physically responsible for the past 4 days."

"That's good. When she wakes up from the procedure, we can start with the training. She has all that we need. Well done Jones, that's all for now."

"It was a pleasure Doctor."

~~~

The fact that I keep reporting you on how I was waking up in the previous century is getting boring, isn't it? But oh well, this time was different. Kinda. I mean - I was different.

For a few hours I kept sitting on a wooden chair in a some kind of a cell. My head was empty and so was my heart. I didn't feel anything and neither did I think. It was like I was waiting for something but I didn't know what. You would think that it was peaceful - having no thoughts - but to be honest it was a real hell.

The anticipation of waiting for the unknown something was making me even less of a human than I already was. It was like my only purpose to be alive was for someone to tell me what to do.

"So that's our White Lady? She's pale like a ghost ... so that's accurate." a man's laughing broke the complete silence yet I didn't even flinch. I kept staring in front of me without blinking, slowly starting to ... feel something?

"I would say that's because of the blood loss but honestly she always looked white as a wall. Sometimes they mistakenly thought she was a corpse and freaked out when she moved or even walked." Another man thought he was hilarious. I don't know if whatever he was saying was true but I couldn't care less. I stared in front of me, still trying to figure out what was ... the emotion that I was feeling.