Vol 1, Episode 1: Shining Beacon

~Atlas~

The skies were clear over the Kingdom of Atlas. Clear skies, birds chirping and an armed goon entering a store.

The goon walked up to the register, a hand on a weapon.

Thug: Payments due, lady.

Lady: Please. I can't keep doing this!

The thug pulled out a gun and aimed it at the lady.

Thug: Now!

Unknown to the thug, another person was in the shop, silently watching.

Voice: Bad guy, right?

Person: Yep.

The lady began to slowly open the register when tendrils wrapped around the thugs arm, causing him to drop the gun as a tall black creature loomed over him.

Creature: You come In here again.....in fact, you go anywhere in this kingdom, preying on innocent people, we will find you and eat both your arms and then both of your legs. And then we will eat your face, right off your head. Do you understand?

The thug began to shake his head, begging.

Thug: P-Please-

Creature: Yes? So you will be this armless, legless, faceless thing, won't you? Rolling down the street, like a turd...in the wind! Do you feel me?

Thug: W-What the hell are you?

Half of the creatures face retracted to show a black haired boy with grey eyes.

Creature/Person: We are Venom!

The face of Venom covered the boys face again.

Venom: On second thought.

The thug begged as Venom opened his mouth and chomped the thugs head off. Once the thug was dealt with, Venom retracted back into the boy.

Lady: Mason!? What was that?

The boy, known as Mason, looked at the lady.

Mason: Ooh, umph. I have a parasite. Yeah, afternoon, Miss Chen!

Mason walked out of the shop and heading down the street.

Venom: Parasite!

Mason: Yeah, it's a term of endearment, that's all.

Venom: Apologize!

Mason: No.

Venom: APOLOGIZE!

Mason: Alright. I'm sorry. So, what do you wanna do now? We've got some time to kill before we head out to Vale.

Venom: The way I see it, we can do whatever we want!

Before Mason could say anything else, the sound of a speeding car with police after it sped past. Mason looked at Venom that formed out of his shoulder.