Vol 1, Episode 2: Initiation Day Part 1

~The Next Day~
~Beacon Ballroom~

Mason's eyes flustered open. He sat up, rubbing his eyes and saw almost everyone was leaving. Mason stood up and stretched his back as Weiss returned with two cups of coffee.

Weiss: Good, you're awake. Saves me the hassle.

Mason rolled his eyes as he grabbed the coffee.

Mason: Ha, ha. Funny. Thanks for this by the way.

Weiss: It was no problem.

Mason took a sip of his coffee.

Mason: Where's everyone going?

Weiss: The locker room. Almost time for initiation.

Mason: Already!? I slept that much?

Weiss: You are a deep sleeper.

Mason: Your not wrong.

Weiss giggled as Mason smiled.

Weiss: Come on. We should get our gear and head to the cliff for initiation.

Mason: You're the boss.

Mason followed Weiss to the locker room had Venom cover him as he grabbed some of his guns from the locker.

Mason holstered his guns and turned around and was face to face with Weiss talking with Pyrrha Nikos, renowned fighter.

Weiss: So I heard a rumor about teams.

Pyrrha: Yes, I heard the rumor as well. I believe it will involve four students in a team.

Mason noticed the blonde kid from yesterday walking up and decided to intervene before things went south.

Mason quickly wrapped his arm around the blonde boy and began to lead him in the opposite direction.

Mason: Hey, pal! You won't believe what I've found over here.

Weiss saw what happened and sigh slightly before continuing her conversation with Pyrrha.

Mason led the boy to the back corner of the locker room before leaving him, and heading towards the cliff.

~~~~

Mason reached the cliff and noticed platforms and some of the students were standing on them. He walked onto a platform next to Weiss.

Mason: Did I miss anything?

Weiss: No, you're early still......and thank you. I saw what you did.

Mason: Hm? Oh, yeah. No problem.

Weiss: And that's why people think you're my bodyguard.

Mason's face died a bit.

Mason: ......im not.

Weiss giggled again.

Weiss: You can't deny that it suits you.

Mason (Mocking): Meh, iT sUiTs YoU.

Weiss elbowed Mason, causing him to groan.

Shortly after, all the students arrived and stood on the platforms as  Ozpin and Goodbitch joined all of the students at cliff side.

Ozpin: For years, you have trained to become warriors, and today your abilities will be evaluated in the Emerald Forest.