Vol 2, Episode 2: The New Kids

~The Next Day~

Following the previous days epic food fight, Team RWBY along with VENM and JNPR were all in the library.

Team RWBY were playing "Remnant: The Board Game" while JNPR sat at another table mainly reading. Nora was sleeping while Ren read. Jaune was reading a comic book instead of studying like Pyrrha, who took Jaune's comic book and began reading that.

Team VENM sat to the left of Team RWBY, also doing their own things. Emma was adjusting her bow as Vanessa worked on her homework.

Nate was tossing a fireball back and forth between his hands. As for Mason, he was above everyone, resting in a tendril hammock, slowly swaying side to side. Mason looked down at Team RWBY.

Mason: Hey Rubes, I call next game.

Ruby: Alright!

Ruby then looked at Yang.

Ruby: Yang Xiao Long! Prepare your kingdom for battle!

Yang: Bring it on!

Ruby: I deploy....The Atlesian Air Fleet!

Yang: (Le Gasp)

Ruby: Looks like I get to fly right over your Ursai and attack your wall's directly. *Airplane noises*

Yang: You fiend!

Ruby: And since Atlas is part of Mantle, my repair time only last one turn.

Yang: Heheh....pretty clever sis, but you've just activated my trap card!

Ruby: WHAAAA!?

Yang: Giant Nevermore! If I roll a seven or higher, fatal feathers will slice your fleet into two.

Ruby: But if you roll a six or lower, your Nevermore will turn on your own forces.

Yang: That's a chance I'm willing to take.

Yang grabbed the die and rolled it. Yang, by some odd luck, rolled an 7.

Yang: Hah!

Ruby: Noo! My fearless soldiers!

Yang: Eh, most of them were probably androids.

Ruby: You will be avenged!

Yang: Not until I draw my rewards, which are doubled this round, thanks to the Mistral Trade Route!

Ruby: Bah!

Yang: Oh? What's this? The Smugglers of the Wind Path?

Ruby: Bah! Bah, I say!

Yang: Looks like I'm taking two cards from your hand.

Ruby: Have you no heart!?

Yang: Well, Weiss, it's your turn!

Weiss: I have....absolutely no idea what's going on.

Yang went to help Weiss but Mason stopped her..

Mason: I got this.

Mason hung upside down next to Weiss and looked at her cards.

Mason: It's easy. Your playing as Vacuo, which means all Vacuo based cards come with a bonus.

Weiss: That sounds dumb.

Mason: Ehh, but look, you've got Sandstorm, Desert Scavengers, and Resourceful Raider. This guy can Ruby's discarded Air Fleet...