Vol 1, Episode 5: Project V

-The Next Day-

Following the revelation of Mason's and Yang's relationship, the two were getting along with each other, now that Yang wasn't pressing the fact that Mason should ask out Weiss.

The two, along with their teams, and others, were in Miss Goodwitches class where she was teaching Combat.

Everyone were watching a battle between Cardin Winchester, leader of Team CDRL and Jaune Arc, Leader of Team JNPR. The battle was pretty one sided as Jaune had little to no battle experience at all. His aura was in red almost as soon as it started.

Cardin: This is where you die.

Jaune: Over my dead-OOF!

Cardin swung his mace down on Jaune who barely dodged. Cardin brought his mace down again but this time Goodwitch stopped the fight due to Jaune being in red health.

Goodwitch: As you can see class. Jaune has reached red health. In tournament style matches Red or below means your eliminated. Jaune, it's been weeks, please refer to your scroll in battle. We wouldn't want you to be gobbled up by an Ursa.

Jaune looked down as Cardin placed his mace on his shoulder.

Cardin (Mumbling): Speak for yourself.

Goodwitch then turned to the class.

Goodwitch: Alright students, we have time for one more match. Any volunteers?

Cardin raised his hand as he stood off to the side.

Cardin (Smug): I'm at full health. Can I go again?

Goodwitch: I'll allow it. Who do you wish to fight?

Cardin looked around the room before laying eyes on Mason, who was barely paying attention.

Cardin: Him.

Goodwitch looked to where he was pointing and saw that he was looking and pointing at Mason.

Goodwitch: Mr. Branwen? Do you accept?

Mason looked up and saw the smug look on Cardin's face. Mason grunted as he furrowed his brow.

Mason: I do.

Mason went to the locker room, where Venom wrapped him in black tendrils forming into Mason's signature look.

Mason walked out of the locker room and saw Cardin resting his mace on his shoulder, with a smug smile.

Mason stepped onto the battleground and cracked his neck.

Goodwitch; Mr Winchester? Are you ready?

Cardin: Always.

Goodwitch turned to Mason.