17.

𝒴𝓊𝓀
                                  ~

I gasped awake and shot up from where I laid.

I hadn't remembered even passing out..

With a headache, I pressed my hand against my forehead. 

"Look who decided to rejoin the world of the living."

I glanced up at Mark's voice, who was standing tall, leaning with crossed arms against the gray walls of wherever it was that I was at.

"W-where are we?" I ask only then to fully look at Mark and gasp, because...."Your wounds..." I stare dumbfounded, cause it was like he'd never even gotten injured, when moments ago he was hanging onto life by a thread. How was it that he was healed?

I couldn't of been out of it for that long...right? 

It'd of taken months to heal...even longer...

He shrugged like it was no big deal. "Wounds heal." He answered casually, as if talking about the weather.

I shook my head, cause no...that couldn't be possible. "Y-you were practically dead!"

I couldn't of imagined it...

He pushed off the wall, spreading his arms out wide with a grin- "And yet here I am." 

"It was a trick?" I asked, and immediately thought of Jasper and Jerry left to the monster, while I helped some guy I didn't even know...

I was to naive...
Max had said the same many times.

And now, waking up in a weird place..
I'd been stupid. Fallen for such a cheap trick.

The memory of a panic attack resurfaced, Marks hand gripping my wrist, with cruel words and angry bitter eyes.

I messed up..

I was always messing up.

I was sure Max would be laughing now if he saw me. He'd tell me that he tried to warn me...that this is what I get for disobeying. That the monsters in his stories were real and now I could see it for myself.

And he wouldn't be here to pull me out. To protect me from this man...

I flinched when Mark suddenly moved closer, and as I tried to move away was when I noticed it.

My stomach dropped and I felt as if the floor itself had dropped out from underneath me, my heart skipped and beat to harshly all at once. 

No. This couldn't be happening. 

A thick heavy chain hung from my ankle and all I could do was stare in disbelief. 

"G-get it off." I stutter out as I stare at the metal dumbfounded, how could I allow something like this to happen again?

Was this it, all my life would ever be? Trapped like some animal? One basement and into another?

Jasper had been there, a light in the darkness, something to grasp onto, someone who came and pulled me away..him and a mouse.

And yet I had picked someone over them. Instead of helping Jasper find the mouse who went out of his way to set me free from one chain I had ran into another, without a second thought.

And I stared...

And I couldn't stand it.

I didn't want it..

"Get it off..."

"Get it off..."

"Get it off..."

I watched as Marks lips moved, words unheard with the roaring inside my head, filling my ears and all my senses. I felt the ghost of a hand like acid...

In a dark room, with a metal chain around my ankle, laying on a cold concrete floor staring into drunken eyes.

Is where I found myself.

Nails cut to short, hair to long and wrapped tightly between sweaty fingers pulling and pulling until I was sure it'd all be ripped from my skull.

The pain, was all to much. To much happening all at once.

I sobbed and kicked and begged for it all to stop; all while his heavy body laid over mine.

Trapping me.

Stopstopstopstop!

The words echo in my head, but my mouth can't form words, sentences, cause the pain of everything only leaves room for the raw cries that go unheard in that small dark cold basement.

"Why do you have to look so much like her?"

He'd whisper in my ear; breath of liquor filling my nose, While his rough fingers would trail down my face, and down my neck and I'd turn away from that touch, with a sob cause it felt like fire against my skin, it made me feel dirty and rotten.

And all I wanted was to curl in on myself and hide away. To never feel this again, to never have hands on me again, to be held down against my will, and told how....

I waited...and cried.

I listened to my own voice echo against the walls as I called for someone to come.

To help..to care.

Nobody ever came. 

The floor above would creak from footsteps, soft whispers would always reach my sensitive ears but even then, no matter how loud I'd cry, those footsteps never made their way towards me.

In the end, nobody cared.

"No one is coming to save you." Uncle Max whispered. 

A hand was under my chin, touching me.

Rough hands, fingers against my skin...pulling my head up.

Touching me...

Touching me...

With a shriek I slap his hand away and curl my own hands around my neck protectively.

"D-don't touch me!"

I cry out and move as far back as I can, the familiar sound of metal against concrete filling my ears as the chain follows my movements.

"Don't y-you ever touch m-me!" I cry out.

I shake my head, long hair falling over my face, "Don't! Never again! Please! Don't!"

I feel my back hit against the wall, and I cant help but pull my knees in close, curling into myself as all I see before me is Max.

His drunken eyes, and his rough hands, and smell of liquor and feel his touch all over my skin like acid.

I'm back in that small basement, with that bruising chain, and his disparaging words filling my ears.

Feeling his lips run over bruised and bleeding skin, and all I feel is my throat being squeezed until no air can enter and all my eyes can see is him and his body over mine until its like my chest is caving in under his weight, his sounds, his voice...

It echoes around me...

A slap brings me back, and I blink to stare into angry eyes that belong to Mark not Max.

"Don't you ever slap my hand again you fuckin' freak!" 

Max isn't here...

Yet, I stared into the same bitter eyes. The eyes that begged me to be someone else. The angry eyes that I wasn't what they wanted. That I was someone to hurt because I hurt them.

I was scared.

I wanted Jasper and Jerry. I didnt want to be here, I didn't want to be punished anymore, I didn't want another basement, another chain and another Max.

I broke free, finally, I did it! I broke free and decided to help a guy who looked about to die.

My eyes burned and head fell limp against my knees as I sobbed, my cheek buring from a slap, my body buring with unwanted touches and Max's voice whispering in my head in a never ending loop.