8.

𝒦𝓎𝓁𝑒

.˜"*°• . •°*"˜.

"Are you going to tell me what's wrong dear?" I glanced over to my mom who stood at the sink, washing dishes, while I paced across the kitchen chewing at my fingers.

"Nothing's wrong." I breath out and she lets out a tsk. "Oh? then why do you look so flushed and ill?" I sigh running my fingers through blonde locks of wavy hair.

"Come now Kyle, you've been acting so up tight for days now, you haven't been to school and you look like death...please talk to me..what's bothering you?"

I look down at the oak flooring, my hands clenching. "I don't know.."

"Kyle..."

"I'm being honest." I mumble. "I'm not sure why I feel like this..why I feel so on edge and angry."

Mom hummed at that, as she turned the sink off and dried her hands. She turned and waved me to follow as she walked across the kitchen and took a seat at the kitchen table.

I instead leaned against the wall crossing my arms.

She narrowed her eyes. "Kyle, sit." She pointed at the chair across from her, and with a groan I did as told, and took the seat.

Her eyes studied me for a while before she spoke again. "This feeling you speak of, when exactly did it began?"

I look up at her, then back down at the table as I again started biting at my fingers..

"And that.." She pointed out. "When did you start the habit of tearing your fingers apart?" quickly I shoved my hands down in between my knees with a sigh. "I don't know.."

"Kyle, if you want to figure this out in a healthy way, you need to speak to me." Her tone was stern, and left little to no room for argument. "Honey, you look terrible..."

I shrugged, trying to think of when exactly this feeling started to overwhelm me... "This scent.." I found myself saying and noticed mom sitting forward, watching me with her piecing blue eyes. "At school..it just seemed to hit me outta nowhere one day..and at first it wasn't so bad, wasn't as strong, just that I couldn't get rid of it, and then, one of Jarred's friends came to our lunch table the other day..and.."

"Go on honey." Mom encouraged.

"And I just had this insane feeling of wanting to rip the guys throat out.."

Shaking her head, mom fell back in her chair, her eyes falling from mine and staring at the table instead.

"W-what is it?" I sat forward at her reaction.

She looked up at me, pushing blonde stands of hair behind her ear. "Well, first, did this boy, did he have the scent of a vampire or maybe even a witch? That could be a reason, but...not likely seeing as witches haven't been around for over a decade, and vampires, I'm sure we'd already know if some moved into our town."

I shook my head. "No..it was like, he had this scent, that wasn't his, but him having that scent on him, it was like my insides were twisting and..and who's ever scent it belonged to was in trouble..needed help..it's hard to explain."

Mom placed her thumb and index finger to her lips, a sign of her thinking. She let out a heavy sigh, "I wish your father was here..this would be so much easier."

"Yeah, well he's not..he's doing dirty work for the alpha." I spat out making mom glare up at me. "What your father is doing is noble; he's a hunter of our pack that brings back our food, Kyle you should be more proud."

"If you say so, just don't get why he cant go work at a grocery store or some shit and buy food like a normal person."

"Because we aren't normal, and rather you accept it or not this is how it is for us..there's still people...hunters, that want our heads..that still believe we are among them."