6.

𝒴𝓊𝓀𝒾

How long can you go without food before you die?

would I die faster without water?

How long had it been since uncle Max fed me or the last time I had water?
why did it have to be so painful?

Where was that mouse, I should of ate it. I wonder what my fingers would taste like.
I was dramatic, it hadn't even been that long, three days at the least. 

I traced my fingers along the concrete, the rough surface biting into my fingertips leaving red streaks behind, the pain went unnoticed though numb fingers. 
Greasy hair hung loosely over my bare shoulder, as my sleeves never stayed put. 

Lifting my fingers from the floor, I stared at the small drips of blood trailing down to my open palm, bringing it to my chapped lips, I stuck out my tongue and licked away the blood, the taste lingering against my tongue. I sighed and let myself fall back against the wall as the boredom was taking over, nothing to do, no one to talk to, the light from the sun lit the room if only a little, now I had wished I hadn't destroyed the book I was gifted. 

I  wounded if it had been a good book...If I would of enjoyed reading it. 

Maybe I should of thanked uncle Max, or maybe I should apologize for destroying it. 

Even Alex gave me cookies, did I even eat them all? I couldn't remember.
Had I even thanked him for them?

Bringing my knees to my chest, I laid my head against them looking at the window, gray skies hidden by tree branches that sat in front of the window blocking the view. 

"Squeak~" 

I jumped at the sudden sound, looking down between my feet was the little brown mouse, its little pink nose twitching as it's beady eyes stare up at me, in its mouth a little bag of peanuts. "You came back.." I whisper out in disbelief as I watch the mouse drop the bag of peanuts. "I-is that for me?" I ask pointing at myself. 

"Squeak~" It nudges the bag forward before backing up and watching me as I reach out, grabbing the bag and opening it, "Are you sure it's okay?" The sudden pain of my tail being bit was answer enough. "Ow, okay, okay!" 

Turning the bag upside down, I dump the nuts in my hand, staring at them as my mouth waters. "Thank you." I say about to throw them into my mouth, but pause before I can as I look down at the small creature sitting before me, its head tilted to the side, I pick the biggest peanut and lay it gently on the floor in front of the mouse. "You eat too." I then toss the rest in my mouth and moan at the salty taste that explodes and leaves me wanting more, but as I look at the empty bag I can't help but frown. 

"Thanks for the food." I say with a small smile, as I reach out to run a finger against the soft fur of the mouse while he chews at his own peanut. "It means a lot." 

The day drags on, Max doesn't come down, and I start to wonder if I had been forgotten. 
The thought scares me, and before I know it the skies are dark and the room is pitch black, the shadows and voices of the night coming to torture me as they do every night, leaving me to huddle in the corner of the room, but this time, I'm not as lonely, the mouse sleeps curled up on my tail, twitching every now and again from dreams, happy ones I hoped. 

It left a smile on my face, made me feel less alone, it gave me something to hold onto, and my biggest fear, more so then the voices and shadows was that this new friend would want to find a new place and escape this hell for freedom, for somewhere better. 

The thought of forcing the mouse to stay, ran though my mind, a way to take its choice of freedom away from it, as it was taken from me...but as soon as the thought enters my mind, its pushed away,  I could never do that, not even to a little mouse. 

The mouse twitches and I sigh a breath of relief and tiredness, as I let my eyes shut and for the first night in so many dark and lonely nights, I actually slept with no nightmares. 

.˜"°• .•°"˜.

𝒜𝓁𝑒𝓍

.˜"*°• . •°*"˜.

Things between me and Jarred was weird after him coming over to my house. 
I'd always catch him looking at me, as if he was trying to piece together a puzzle, and I think I knew what that "puzzle" was. The basement, and why I had acted the way I did. That was obvious. I was so damn stupid. How, did I think it'd go? 

Biting at my nails, I only half listened to the teacher as she went on and on about something less important then my problems. In movies, when someone found out a secret they weren't supposed to know, they where taken out, but did I have it in me to kill Jarred? Where would I even put his body? There was a lake not to far from the house..but no that'd be to suspicious. 

"Fuck!" 

"Mr. Burton do you have something you need to share with the class?" Snapped Mrs. Stone as she glared at me over the book she had been reading. 

Shit..did I say that out loud. 

I caught Jarred's suspicious look from across the room. "Um no ma'am I just um, I think I forgot my dog in the car. please excuse me." Mouths fell open and wide eyes stared at me as I jumped up to race out of the classroom to get some much needed air. 

It was a good excuse at least, but I had to find away to get rid of Jarred, and quick. 

.˜"*°• . •°*"˜.

Authors Note:

Hey guys, it's been awhile and I apologize, as you can see I'm back and I hope this new chapter is worth it, even as short as it is. I feel much better about this remake now then I did at first. 
I don't quite have an updating schedule, but for this to work out the way I hope for it to, I may decide to update every month on the 10th, and that's only if i'm going though writers block, if not and I have the chapter done before then, then expect a chapter every week. 

I appreciate everyone who's waited and still comes to read. 
Please leave a vote for Yuki and a comment if you have the time! 

xoxo