43.

Maheen woke up the next morning feeling like half of her was missing. She was use to seeing Aditya's face every morning, she wanted to wake up to his scent and touch.

Maheen groaned into the mattress, she was love sick.

Dragging her feet around, with half a heart she pushed herself to get ready. Wearing a pastel pink saree from the trunk she braided her hair and wore some jewellery and her sindoor and nuptial chain. Making her way towards the temple.

She reached earlier than usual as Aditya wasn't there to distract her today.

"Is there something I can help with ?" She asked the ladies working on the garlands.

"No my queen everything is almost done." They replied and Maheen nodded giving them a polite smile.

Maheen walked to the old priest and greeted him.

"Ram ram Maheen." He replied.

"Pandit Ji is there anything left to attend to for the holika dahan tonight ?" Maheen asked.

"Everything has been taken of my queen." He said. "However you must cross check everything off the list once you are free." He said and Maheen bobbed her head in understanding.

"Bhabhi." Mohini called making Maheen turn towards where Mohini stood with Dev next to her.

"Good morning." Maheen said smiling at Mohini.

"Good morning bhabhi." Mohini said embracing Maheen. Dev looked at his sister and Maheen, his heart twisted.

Maybe his uncle had been wrong about Maheen. He has taken the worst decision of his life by turning Maheen down. Looking at Maheen interact with Mohini and everyone around them, he knew whatever Balram Shastri has fed him were lies, he had manipulated Dev enough. He had made a mistake, a mistake he would regret all his life.

"Where is Bhaisa ?" Mohini asked. "Yesterday you were missing and today he is, you both are always stuck to the hip otherwise what is happening?"

Maheen rolled her eyes but let out a chuckle.
"Aditya had to go to Ota. He'll be back tonight."

"He better be back before the pooja."Mohini said and Maheen sighed.

"Me too." She said giving Mohini a small smile. She was missing him already.

"Let's start the pooja." The old priest said.

"Is it just the three of us today then ?" Mohini asked looking around. "Rani maa isn't coming. I don't see Gehna and Mangal Bhaisa either."

"It's just us." Maheen shrugged her shoulders.

After the pooja finished, Maheen like always took the aarti around for everyone to take.

Starting with the people working for them and ending it with family, that's how Maheen went around.

"Bhabhi it's going to be your first Holi. Aren't you excited."

"I am." Maheen chuckled pushing the holy fire towards Mohini for her to take the blessings. She moved right and held it in front of Dev.
"I would have been more, if your brother was here."

"He'll be back before you know."

"Yes."

"Maheen aren't you going to let me take the blessings." Maheen tuned to see Gehna and Mangal standing at a distance.

"Where were the two of you ? You missed the pooja." Maheen said scolding them as she walked towards them extending her arm, the two looked at each other with a knowing smile.