Closer To The Truth

Banks
"Why you watching me sleep like a creep?" I smirked upon opening my eyes. Blessen had her arm propped up on the side of her face as she stared at me. I admired her a little noticing how beautiful she was naturally. The hand that she was leaning her head on held her engagement ring and it seemed to be the perfect fit. Onyx, Kelsi, and my mom helped me finding the perfect ring for Blessen.

"I just love you that's all." She smiled as I reached in for a kiss as she pushed my face away. "Uh-uh. Morning breath."

"Oh that's how we doing? I kiss you when your breath is funky. And you got dragon breath. Like hot ass, fire breathing dragon breath."

"You did not have to go that hard." She laughed before playfully slapping my chest.

"You came for me first." I shrugged before sharing a laugh with her. "What you have planned for today?"

"Nothing much after we finish Blu's work for today we're grabbing lunch with your mom and Detective Michaels wants to see me at the station to review some evidence."

"I wonder what's new? It has been two weeks and they had nothing." I stated as she nodded. The owner of the shop that had the cameras located near Blessen's car was hard as hell to reach. He owned the place but was always out of the country and was the only person who could access the security cameras. I'm guessing maybe the detective had gotten in touch with him but then again you never know what this visit could be about.

"I know. I'm curious as hell to find out what he has to say."

"You don't think I should come with you?"

"I don't think it'll make a difference babe. What do you have planned for today?"

"I have to head to the club a—-"

"The club?" She cut me off. "I can't remember the last time I ever heard you say anything about the club."

"I make moves in silence babe." I teased as she playfully rolled her eyes. "I've been keeping up with the club, the barbershop, and my tattoo shop and they've all been doing numbers. I plan on getting some celebrity appearances lined up and I've been upgrading the barber shop. I have a few clients later on today as well."

"Well that's good baby." She smiled. "You have a lot going on today. I'll handle the visit with the detective on my own. I'll keep you posted."

"Alright mama."

"I'll go start breakfast."

"Can I get a kiss now?"

"No Banks go brush your teeth and wash your ass." She laughed before throwing a pillow at me before raising out of bed.

I shook my head before getting out of bed and hopping in the shower as well as fulfilling the rest of my hygiene duties. I threw on a black Dior hoodie, a silver chain, Amiri jeans, and the latest pair of Jordans. I finished up with some Dolce and Gabana cologne before heading downstairs.

"Good morning princess." I said kissing Blu's forehead as she ate away at her breakfast.

"Good morning pops." She said with a mouth full of eggs.

"Blu, don't talk with a mouth full of food." Blessen warned her while blowing on the hot tea in her mug before taking a sip.

"So was I not supposed to say good morning back?" She asked with her face scrunched up as I laughed and Blessen popped me behind my head.

"After you finished chewing you could have, sassy." Blessen rolled her eyes. "Stop making her think that she's funny."

"My fault." I laughed again before taking a seat at the island as she sat a plate of eggs, bacon, and French toast on my plate before fixing me a glass of orange juice. "Did you eat?"