Gettin' It

Blessen

I turned in my Financial Accounting test before heading out of the classroom. I sat in the hall praying that I did well on my test. Taking tests always made me nervous but I studied my ass off so I hoped that all was well.

I was removed from my thoughts once Kelsi walked out of class. She let out a deep breath as I looked up to her.

"How do you think you did?" I asked her as she shrugged. "Let's go get some food before I head to the shop."

"You read my mind sis." She smiled as we walked across the street from school to our favorite burger joint.

We seated ourselves at a booth before indulging in conversation.

"How is everything going with the birthday planning?"

"Good." I sighed. "You would think I was doing this all alone. Onyx and Ayden just throw the money my way which I appreciate but it's a bit stressful."

"So, why didn't you call me?" She asked me before we were interrupted by our waiter who took our order drinks. We also ordered since we already knew what we wanted.

"Cause you're always sleeping."

"Girl, fuck you." She laughed.

"Sleepy ass bitch." I teased as she stuck her middle finger at me.

"Lex is always with his dad lately. I be so bored I don't know what else to do." She said as I smiled.

"How is my Lex Pooh? Blu been asking about her boyfriend." I say referring to Kelsi's three year old son, Lexington. Being mothers is one of the things that made us close besides being classmates.

"He's been good he loves it out there in Louisiana with his dad." She smiled.

My phone buzzed as Big Sister💰❤️ popped up on my screen for a FaceTime call.

I answered to be greeted with Blu.

"Mommy, what you doing?" She asked eating a chip.

"I'm having lunch with Auntie Kels, Blu."

"Heyyy, Auntie Kelsssss."

"Hey Auntie's baby." Kelsi said as I turned the camera to her. I turned it back to myself to talk to her more.

"What are you doing mama?" I asked as our food arrived and I thanked our waitress.

"Eating chips." She said as I laughed.

"Where's Auntie?"

"Doing somebody's hair. I don't know how because she don't have no hair." She said as I spit out the fry that I was chewing on.

"I know Blu lieeeee." Kelsi choked on her water laughing.

"Blu Dior! That was not nice at all!" I exclaimed. I hated to laugh at the funny things she said because I didn't want her to think what she said was okay but sometimes she made it so hard to fuss at her.

"I'm sorry mommy." She frowned.

"After I'm done my lunch I'll meet you at the shop, okay?"

"Okay, can you bring me some fries?" She said with the biggest smile that I couldn't resist.

"Yes, Blu." I rolled my eyes.

"Thanks mommy, love you!" She exclaimed before hanging up.

"You see what I have to deal with?" I asked before putting my phone down and taking a bite of my juicy burger.